GOLF COURSE TURFGRASS - RAPID BLIGHT
Honor Intrinsic brand fungicide (also referred to as Honor on the label) is a broad-spectrum fungicide for the control of many important diseases of golf course turfgrass. For maximum efficacy, apply Honor preventively.
Preventive applications optimize disease control resulting in improved plant health. Honor may be applied solo or in tank mixes with other registered fungicides. DO NOT exceed the specified application rate or fail to comply with use restrictions listed in the Resistance Management and Restrictions and Limitations sections. All applications must be made according to the use directions that follow. Failure to follow directions and precautions on the label may result in injury and/or inferior disease control.
This package contains Honor, a water-dispersible granule (WG). The active ingredients in Honor are pyraclostrobin, a member of the strobilurin (Qol) class of chemistry, and boscalid, a member of the carboxamide (anilide) class of chemistry. Optimum disease control is achieved when Honor is applied in a regularly scheduled protective spray program and used in a rotation program with other fungicides. Because of its high specific activity, Honor has good residual activity against target fungi.
Mode of Action.
Pyraclostrobin and boscalid, the active ingredients of Honor, belong to the group of respiration inhibitors classified by the USEPA and Canada PMRA as target site of action Group 11 and Group 7 fungicides, respectively.
Honor may be used for disease control in golf course turfgrass.
For maximum efficacy, apply Honor prior to or in the early stages of disease development. For maximum efficacy, apply Honor at the rates specified in Table 1. Honor Intrinsic brand fungicide Application Rates and Intervals on Golf Course Turfgrass in 1 to 4 gallons of water per 1000 square feet (43 to 174 gallons per acre). Use the shorter specified application interval and/or the higher specified rate when prolonged favorable disease conditions exist. Repeat applications at the specified interval as necessary.
- Honor is most effective when applied preventively.
- Actual length of disease control will vary depending on environmental conditions, disease pressure, and management practices.
- Calibrate spray prior to use.
- After application, allow foliage to dry prior to mowing or irrigation, except for fairy ring and Pythium root dysfunction for which the turf can be irrigated immediately following treatment. Apply Honor using sufficient water volume and pressure for adequate coverage of the foliage.
- Apply the specified rate of Honor as instructed in the Use Directions section with ground spray equipment.
Aerial application of Honor is not permitted.
Honor Intrinsic brand fungicide contains two active ingredients: pyraclostrobin, a target site Group 11 (Qol) fungicide, and boscalid, a target site Group 7 fungicide. Honor is effective against pathogens resistant to fungicides with modes of action different from those of Groups 7 and Group 11, such as the dicarboximides, sterol inhibitors, benzimidazoles, or phenylamides. Fungal isolates resistant to fungicides in Group 11 (such as pyraclostrobin, azoxystrobin, and trifloxystrobin) or Group 7 (such as boscalid and flutolanil) may eventually dominate the population if such fungicides are used predominantly and repeatedly in the same area for successive years as the primary method of control for the targeted pathogen species. This may result in reduction of disease control by Honor or other Group 7 or Group 11 fungicides. In order to maintain Honor’s performance, DO NOT exceed the total number of sequential applications. Adhere to the label instructions regarding consecutive use of Honor and other Group 7 or Group 11 fungicides with a similar site of action on the same pathogens.
Uses and Tolerance
Due to variability within turfgrass species, application techniques and possible tank mixes, neither the manufacturer nor the seller has determined if Honor can safely be used on all turfgrasses under all conditions. Therefore, it is recommended that the user determine if Honor can be used safely before broad use. Apply the specified use rate of Honor on a small test area under conditions expected to be encountered. Monitor for any adverse effects during a 14-day period after application.
Use the application rates specified for each disease listed in Table 1. Honor Intrinsic brand fungicide Application Rates and Intervals on Golf Course Turfgrass. Apply Honor in 1 to 4 gallons of water per 1000 square feet (43 to 174 gallons per acre).
Restrictions and Limitations
- Maximum seasonal use rate. DO NOT apply more than a total of 6.6 ounces of Honor per 1000 sq ft per year (18.0 pounds of Honor per acre per year).
- Refer to Table 1. Honor Intrinsic brand fungicide Application Rates and Intervals on Golf Course Turfgrass for sequential application intervals for Honor.
- DO NOT apply this product to crops other than golf course turfgrass.
- DO NOT apply to turfgrass through any type of irrigation equipment.
- This product cannot be used to formulate or reformulate any other pesticide product.
- Refer in the label regarding tank mix information.
- Refer in the label regarding Table of Dilution for Spray Solution.
GOLF COURSE TURFGRASS
Application Interval (days): 14 to 28
Use preventively. Begin applications when conditions are favorable for fungal infection, prior to disease symptom development. Follow the shorter spray interval when using the lower application rate.