SEED TREATMENT (REDUCED RATES) - PEANUTS
BELMONT2.7 FS is a systemic fungicide seed treatment specifically for control of systemic downy mildews, Pythium and Phytophthora spp. For control of other soilborne diseases, use in combination with other seed treatment fungicides.
VITAVAX and RANCONA products are compatible with BELMONT 2.7 FS. Do not use BELMONT 2.7 FS in combination with other seed treatment products unless compatibility and safety to the crop has been verified. Do not mix with any pesticide that has a prohibition against tank mixing. Observe the most restrictive of labeling limitations and precautions of all products used in mixtures.
BELMONT 2.7 FS may be applied on its own, as water-based slurry, or in combination with other registered seed treatment insecticides and fungicides through standard slurry or mist-type commercial seed treatment equipment.
NOTE: BELMONT 2.7 FS is a systemic fungicide with a specific mode of action. BELMONT 2.7 FS could be subject to development of resistant strains of fungi. Development of resistance cannot be predicted. Therefore, Chemtura cannot assume liability for crop damage resulting from resistant strains of fungi. Consult your State Agricultural Experiment Station or Extension Service Specialist for guidance and ways to control any possible BELMONT 2.7 FS resistant strains of fungi which may occur.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON THIS LABEL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY OR POOR DISEASE CONTROL.
- Seed treated commercially or for sale must be dyed an unnatural color using an EPA approved colorant before being sold. IN CALIFORNIA: ONLY for use in commercial seed- treatment establishments. NOT allowed for “on-farm” use in California.
- IMPORTANT: MAXIMUM USAGE when applying multiple metalaxyl and mefenoxam containing products to the same crop within the same season: DO NOT apply more than the maximum seasonal total for the active ingredient as stated on the label of the lowest seasonal total on that crop.
- Do not use other metalaxyl or mefenoxam products for control of Pythium in water-seeded rice.
- Do not apply BELMONT 2.7 FS to spinach which is destined to be grown in the greenhouse.
TREATED SEED LABELING
Seeds treated with this product that are then packaged or bagged for future use must contain the following labeling on the outside of the seed package or bag:
“This package or bag contains seed that has been treated with metalaxyl. Do not use treated seed for food, feed, oil production or any other purpose except planting. Store away from feed and foodstuffs. Do not allow children, pets or livestock to have access to treated seeds.”
“Wear long pants, long-sleeved shirt, shoes and socks, and protective gloves opening bag or handling treated seed.”
“Do not use other metalaxyl or mefenoxam products for control of Pythium in water-seeded rice.”
“Do not apply metalaxyl to spinach which is destined to be grown in the greenhouse.”
“Treated seeds exposed on soil surface may be hazardous to wildlife. Cover or collect treated seed spilled during loading and planting. Dispose of all excess seed by burying away from bodies of water.”
“Do not contaminate bodies of water when disposing of planting equipment wash water.”
“Dispose of seed packaging or containers in accordance with local requirements.”
SEED TREATMENT DIRECTIONS:
USE AT REDUCED RATES IN COMBINATION WITH OTHER FUNGICIDES
BELMONT 2.7 FS systemic fungicide seed dressing may be applied at the reduced rates shown in the label and still provide good Pythium control when used in combination with broad spectrum seed treatment fungicides. Apply as a commercial seed treatment only in combination at EPA registered rates of broad-spectrum seed treatment fungicides for which compatibility and crop safety have been verified. Do not mix with any pesticide that has a prohibition against tank mixing. BELMONT 2.7 FS may be applied on its own or as a water-based slurry through standard slurry or mist-type commercial seed treatment equipment.
- Not registered for use in California
- To deliver 0.0268 - 0.0502 mg.ai. per seed, apply 0.286 - 0.536 fl.oz. of product per 100,000 seeds (Based on average of 700 seeds per lb.)