TURFGRASS - GRAY SNOW MOLD
Insignia SC Intrinsic brand fungicide is a broad-spectrum fungicide for disease control in turfgrass and ornamentals. For maximum efficacy, apply Insignia SC preventively. Preventive applications optimize disease control, resulting in improved plant health. Apply Insignia SC solo or in tank mixes with other registered fungicides.
DO NOT exceed the specified application rate or fail to comply with use restrictions listed in the Resistance Management and Restrictions and Limitations sections.
All applications must be made according to the use directions that follow. Failure to follow directions and precautions on the label can result in injury and/or inferior disease control.
This package contains Insignia SC, a suspension concentrate (SC). The active ingredient in Insignia SC, pyraclostrobin, is a member of the strobilurin class of chemistry and is derived from a natural antifungal substance. To maximize disease control, apply Insignia SC in a regularly scheduled protective spray program and use in a rotation program with other fungicides. Because of its high specific activity, Insignia SC has good residual activity against target fungi.
Mode of Action
Pyraclostrobin, the active ingredient in Insignia SC, belongs to the group of respiration inhibitors classified by the US EPA and Canada PMRA as Quinone Outside Inhibitors (QoI), or target site of action Group 11 fungicides.
Use Insignia SC for disease control in the following turf use sites:
- Golf courses
- Residential, institutional, commercial, and municipal lawns
- Recreational areas including sports and athletic fields
- Sod farms
Use Insignia SC for disease control in landscape ornamentals, including flower bulbs, in the following use sites:
- Residential and commercial landscapes
- Recreational areas including golf courses
- Apply the specified rate of lnsignia SC as instructed in the Use Directions sections with ground or aerial spray equipment. Use the shorter specified application interval and/or the higher specified rate when prolonged favorable disease conditions exist.
- Calibrate spray equipment prior to use.
- Shake containers well prior to use. Consult BASF Representatives for additional information regarding agitation and recirculation.
- Apply lnsignia SC using sufficient water volume and pressure for adequate coverage of the foliage.
- For maximum efficacy, apply lnsignia SC prior to or in the early stages of disease development. lnsignia SC use as a late curative or eradicant treatment may not result in satisfactory disease control.
- After application, allow foliage to dry prior to mowing or irrigating (exceptions: brown ring patch, fairy ring and Pythium root dysfunction).
- Actual duration of disease control will vary depending on environmental conditions, disease pressure, and management practices.
Apply lnsignia SC at the rates indicated in the Use Directions sections in 2 to 4 gallons of water per 1000 square feet (87 to 174 gallons per acre). Repeat applications at the specified interval as necessary.
Aerial application is permitted only on sod farms. Apply Insignia SC at the rates indicated in the Use Directions sections in no less than 10 gallons of spray solution per acre. Repeat applications at the specified interval as necessary. DO NOT apply when conditions favor drift from target area.
DO NOT apply by air in New York State.
Insignia SC Intrinsic brand fungicide contains pyraclostrobin, a Group 11 fungicide, and is effective against pathogens resistant to fungicides with modes of action different from those of QoI fungicides (target site of action Group 11), such as the dicarboximides, sterol inhibitors, benzimidazoles, or phenylamides. Fungal isolates resistant to Group 11 fungicides, such as pyraclostrobin, azoxystrobin, and trifloxystrobin, can eventually dominate the fungal population if Group 11 fungicides are used predominantly and repeatedly in the same area in successive years as the primary method of control for the targeted pathogen species. This can result in reduction of disease control by Insignia SC or other Group 11 fungicides.
To maintain the performance of Insignia SC, DO NOT exceed the total number of sequential applications of Insignia SC. Follow the label instructions for consecutive Insignia SC use or other target site of action Group 11 fungicides that have a similar site of action on the same pathogens.
Turfgrass Use Directions
Turfgrass Uses and Tolerance
Due to variability within turfgrass species, application techniques and possible tank mixes, neither the manufacturer nor the seller has determined if Insignia SC Intrinsic brand fungicide can safely be used on all turfgrasses under all conditions.
The user is responsible for determining if Insignia SC can be used safely before broad use. Apply the specified labeled use rate of Insignia SC on a small test area under conditions expected to be encountered. Monitor for any adverse effects during a 14-day period after application.
Use the application rates specified for each disease as listed in Table 1. Insignia SC Intrinsic brand fungicide Application Rates and Intervals on Turfgrass. Apply Insignia SC in 2 to 4 gallons of water per 1000 square feet (87 to 174 gallons per acre). See Table 2. Insignia SC Intrinsic brand fungicide Dilution Spray Solutions on Turfgrass for equivalent spray dilutions (fl ozs/100 gallons spray solution) to achieve rates specified in Table 1.
For aerial application (sod farms only), apply product in no less than 10 gallons of spray solution per acre.
Restrictions and Limitations
- Maximum seasonal use rate - DO NOT apply more than a total of 4.4 fluid ounces of Insignia SC per 1000 sq ft per year (13.37 pounds or 1.5 gallons of Insignia SC per acre per year).
- Refer to Table 1 for sequential application intervals for Insignia SC.
- DO NOT use on crops intended for food or feed use.
- DO NOT apply through any type of irrigation equipment to turfgrass, except on sod farms.
- DO NOT apply by air in turf uses other than sod farms.
- DO NOT apply by air in New York State.
- DO NOT use this product to formulate or reformulate any other pesticide product.
Application Interval: 14-28 days
Make 2 applications 14 to 28 days apart in late fall just prior to snow cover. For optimum control before extended periods of snow cover, make 1 or 2 applications of Insignia SC at 0.55 to 0.70 fl oz per 1000 sq ft tank mixed with another effective (nonstrobilurin) fungicide such as Curalan EG fungicide or Trinity fungicide.