LAWNS/TURFGRASS - MOSQUITO CONTROL
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
IMPORTANT: Not for use on plants being grown for sale or other commercial use, or for commercial seed production, or for research purposes. For use on plants intended for aesthetic purposes or climatic modification and being grown in interior plantscapes, ornamental gardens or parks, or on lawns or grounds.
- Do not apply directly to impervious horizontal surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways, and patios except as a spot or crack-and-crevice treatment. During application, do not allow pesticide to enter or runoff into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters.
- All outdoor applications must be limited to spot or crack-and-crevice treatments only, except for the following permitted uses:
1) Treatment to soil or vegetation around structures;
2) Applications to lawns, turf, and other vegetation;
3) Applications to building foundations, up to a maximum height of 3 feet above grade;
4) Applications to underside of eaves, soffits, doors, or windows permanently protected from rainfall by a covering, overhang, awning, or other structure;
5) Applications around potential pest entry points into buildings, when limited to a surface band not to exceed one inch in width;
6) Applications made through the use of a coarse, low pressure spray to only those portions of surfaces that are directly above bare soil, lawn, turf, mulch or other vegetation, as listed on the label, and not over an impervious surface, drainage or other condition that could result in runoff into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface waters, in order to control occasional invaders or aggregating pests.
- Do not water the treated area to the point of run-off.
- Do not make applications during rain.
- Do not apply directly to sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur, except as directed by the label.
This product is restricted for use in the State of New York.
Patrol is a Group 3 Insecticide that contains the active ingredient lambda-cyhalothrin. Due to the inherent risk of the development of resistance to any pesticide product, it is strongly advised that Patrol be used in a sound resistance-management program.
It is recommended that the following resistance management practices be followed, including, but not limited to:
- Rotating Patrol with products with different modes of action,
- Avoiding treatment of successive generations with Patrol, and
- Using labeled rates at specified spray intervals.
For additional information about implementing these or other resistance management practices, consult an Extension advisor or company representative.
NOTE: Do not use water-based sprays of Patrol in conduits, motor housings, junction boxes, switch boxes, or other electrical equipment because of possible shock hazard. Thoroughly wash out sprayer and screen with water and detergent before using Patrol. Patrol has not stained or caused damage to painted or varnished surfaces, plastics, fabrics, or other surfaces where water applied alone causes no damage. However, treat a small area and allow it to dry to determine whether staining will occur.
LET TREATED SURFACES DRY BEFORE ALLOWING HUMANS AND PETS TO CONTACT SURFACES.
Do not use this product with oil.
Do not apply this product in any room being used as living, eating, sleeping, or recovery area by patients, the elderly, or infirm when they are in the room.
Do not apply to classrooms when in use.
Do not apply to institutions (including libraries, sports facilities, etc.) in the immediate area when occupants are present.
Do not apply this product to edible growing crops or stored raw agricultural commodities used for food or feed.
Do not allow applications to contact water inhabited by fish, such as in aquariums and ornamental fish ponds that are located in/around structures being treated.
Do not use on golf course turf.
Apply as a spray around landscape plantings, turf, and building foundations to control mosquitoes. Yards or other frequented areas enclosed by landscaping can benefit from the creation of a mosquito barrier to reduce invading mosquitoes by the treatment of perimeter vegetation. Apply Patrol at specified rates in 2–5 gals. of water per 1,000 sq. ft. Higher volumes applied result in better coverage and, as a rule, will improve control.
2 gals.: 5.7-11.5 fl oz / 1000 sq ft
4 gals.: 2.9-5.7 fl oz / 1000 sq ft
6 gals.: 1.9-3.8 fl oz / 1000 sq ft
8 gals.: 1.4-2.9 fl oz / 1000 sq ft
10 gals.: 1.2-2.3 fl oz / 1000 sq ft
Conversion Rate: 1 fluid ounce (fl. oz.) equals 29 milliliters (mL).