CONIFERS (GROWN AS CHRISTMAS TREES) - WASHINGTON
This product may be used in California by following the specific crop directions and the CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL LABEL found at the end of the label.
Not for use or storage in or around residential sites, including homes, non-agricultural outbuildings, pleasure boats, recreational vehicles, preschools, day care centers, and applications to humans and pets.
Do not use or store in greenhouses.
Do not use in undiluted form.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
Apply the listed amount per acre when insects first appear and repeat as required, unless otherwise noted, to maintain effective control. Use in sufficient water for thorough coverage of listed crops unless otherwise noted. Coverage of upper and lower leaf surfaces is essential for good control. For ground application, apply listed amount of pesticide in a minimum of 10 gallons of water per acre on vegetable or row crops unless otherwise noted. Observe use limitations. If insect control is required beyond the following use patterns, supplement the control program with other suitable pesticides.
- Ground application: Use 1-1/3 pints of Thionex 3EC (1/2 pound active ingredient) per 100 gallons of water. Spray to wet and ensure thorough coverage. Depending on the size of trees being sprayed, 100 gallons of tank-mix will usually treat 2 to 4 acres.
- Aerial application: Use 1-1/3 pints to 1-1/3 quarts of Thionex 3EC (½ to 1 pound active ingredient) per acre in a minimum of 5 gallons of water.
TIMING OF APPLICATION
- Balsam Twig Aphid: Apply in spring to midsummer or when populations become noticeable throughout the field. During certain years, multiple insecticide applications may be necessary on harvest-size trees to prevent sooty mold buildups that may render trees unsaleable.
- Balsam Woolly Adelgid / Pine Bark Adelgid: Apply just prior, at, or just after bud break when Adelgids are still in the crawler stage. A single application usually suffices.
- Cooley Spruce Gall Adelgid: Apply just prior, at, or just after bud break when Adelgids are still in the crawler stage. Application may also be made in the fall.
- Douglas Fir Needle Midge: Application timing should be determined through the use of fly emergence cages. Adults usually emerge shortly before bud break. Instructions for using fly emergence cages can be obtained through the local extension office.
RESTRICTIONS / PRECAUTIONS
- As a precaution, treat a few trees of each variety that are to be sprayed for potential phytotoxicity problems before treating the whole acreage.
- Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
- Do not apply this product using a backpack sprayer.
- Do not exceed a maximum of 1-1/3 quarts of Thionex 3EC (1 pound active ingredient) per acre per application.
- Do not exceed a maximum of 4 quarts of Thionex 3EC (3 pounds active ingredient) per acre per year.
- This product is toxic to fish, birds, and other wildlife. Thionex 3EC must not be used where impact on listed threatened or endangered species is likely. You may contact the Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife, National Marine Fisheries Service or US Fish & Wildlife Service for information on listed threatened or endangered species. Consult the federal label for additional restrictions and precautions to protect aquatic organisms.
- Due to risk of runoff and drift, do not apply within a distance of 300 feet of lakes, ponds, streams, and estuaries.