SEED ALFALFA - LYGUS BUGS AND SPOTTED ALFALFA APHID
This product may be used in California by following the specific crop directions and the CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL LABEL found at the end of the label.
Not for use or storage in or around residential sites, including homes, non-agricultural outbuildings, pleasure boats, recreational vehicles, preschools, day care centers, and applications to humans and pets.
Do not use or store in greenhouses.
Do not use in undiluted form.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
Apply the listed amount per acre when insects first appear and repeat as required, unless otherwise noted, to maintain effective control. Use in sufficient water for thorough coverage of listed crops unless otherwise noted. Coverage of upper and lower leaf surfaces is essential for good control. For ground application, apply listed amount of pesticide in a minimum of 10 gallons of water per acre on vegetable or row crops unless otherwise noted. Observe use limitations. If insect control is required beyond the following use patterns, supplement the control program with other suitable pesticides.
Apply up to 1 1/3 quarts of Thionex 3EC in a minimum of 10 gallons of water per acre by air or in a minimum of 25 gallons of water per acre by ground. For either ground or aerial application, do not use more than 1 1/3 pints of this product per acre during bloom (see RESTRICTIONS, below).
Apply when insects first appear.
- Do not apply more than 1 lb active ingredient (1 1/3 quarts of this product) per acre per season.
- For aerial application the use of a closed mixing / loading system is required.
- Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
- Do not make more than 2 applications per season.
- Do not apply within 21 days of harvest.
- A 30 foot vegetative buffer strip must be maintained between all areas treated with this product and rivers, natural ponds, lakes, streams, reservoirs, marshes, estuaries, and commercial fish ponds.
- A 100 foot spray buffer is required for ground boom applications between a treated area and water bodies. See EPA registered product label for details and limits regarding nozzle selection, nozzle height, and wind speed limitations
- A 300 foot spray buffer is required for aerial applications between a treated area and water bodies. See the EPA registered product label for details and limits regarding boom width, nozzle selection, spray release height, and wind speed limitations.
- Do not graze treated Alfalfa
- Do not cut treated Alfalfa for hay or forage
- If the applicator of this pesticide is not the crop producer, the applicator should provide a copy of the labeling to the producer of the crop. Producers of this crop who use product, or cause the product to be used on a field they operate, should provide a copy of this pesticide label to the seed conditioner.
- All seed from seed Alfalfa treated with THIONEX 3EC is to be tagged at the conditioning plant :Not for Human or Animal Consumption.” It shall be the grower’s responsibility to notify the conditioning plant of any Alfalfa seed crop treated with THIONEX 3EC.