COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL LANDSCAPE USES - BROADCAST APPLICATION
Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 is a broad spectrum insecticide, for control of listed insects infesting turfgrass, sod farms, landscape ornamentals, interior plantscapes and non-bearing fruit trees (including apple and pear) and nut trees (in landscapes). When applied as directed, Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 provides excellent and long residual insect control.
- Do not use a foliar application of clothianidin (Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1) following a soil application of clothianidin.
- Do not apply more than a total of 160 lbs of Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 (0.4 lb ai/A) per acre per season.
- If the maximum season limit of clothianidin as mentioned above has been applied and pest populations require additional treatments, use another registered pesticide that is not in the neonicotinoid class of chemistry.
Neither the manufacturer nor the seller has determined whether or not Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 can be used safely on all cultivars of plants listed on the label. Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 has been tested on many cultivars with no phytotoxicity observed at label rates. Since all plant species and their varieties and cultivars have not been tested for tolerance, it is recommended that a small number of plants be treated to make certain that no phytotoxicity occurs, prior to any large scale application to plants. The end user assumes all risks arising from application of Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 can be blended just prior to application or co-applied with other crop management tools. However, all plant species and their varieties and cultivars have not been tested with possible blended or co-applied combinations or sequential pesticide treatments. The user must conduct a small scale compatibility and phytotoxicity trial under local conditions to ensure compatibility prior to any large-scale use.
COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL LANDSCAPE USES
Soil application to interiorscapes, landscapes, non-bearing fruit and nut trees
Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 is for use on landscape ornamentals, interior plantscapes and non-bearing fruit trees (including apple and pear) and nut trees (in landscapes).
Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 should be applied when threshold populations are observed. Do not wait until large insect populations have been established.
Apply to established plants. For control of pests on established plants, irrigate the treated area thoroughly.
Choose lower rates for light infestations and/or smaller plants and higher rates for heavy infestations and/or larger plants.
Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 is a systemic and soil active insecticide when applied to the soil.
Residential Landscapes and In-ground Plants: For flower beds, broadcast Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 evenly over the top of plants. For treatment of individual shrubs or trees, broadcast Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 evenly on soil around base of plant within 18 inches of the trunk. Pull back mulch prior to application if mulch is more than 1 inch thick. Irrigate after application with enough water to dissolve granules and move product into root zone.
- Do not apply more than a total of 160 lbs Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 (0.4 lb active ingredient clothianidin) per acre per season.
Only apply to moist soil media. Do not apply to dry or saturated soil.
Do not apply to saturated or frozen soil, or when plants are not actively taking up water from soil.
Heavy rainfall or inadequate irrigation immediately following application may decrease performance.
For optimal control, apply early in the shrub or tree’s annual growing cycle.
Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 is a systemic insecticide and must move to the area of the plant where the target pest is feeding. Control of pests may be delayed following an application for one or more weeks as Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 moves to the feeding site. Factors such as plant size, soil type and water demands will impact the time between application and obvious insect control.
- Do not apply more than a total of 160 lbs Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 (0.4 lb ai/A) per acre per season.
- Non-bearing fruit and nut trees in landscapes are only for ornamental use.
- Do not harvest fruit and nuts from treated trees within one year of application.
- This product may be blended just prior to application or co-applied with other compatible insecticides.
Arena 0.25 G Insecticide1 Rates
Broadcast Application in Herbaceous Flower Beds and Ground Covers: 3.6 lbs/1,000 sq ft of bed