CORN SEED - ADDITIONAL INSECTS
Avicta Duo Corn is a corn seed treatment nematicide/insecticide that contains the active ingredients abamectin and thiamethoxam. When Avicta Duo Corn is applied to corn seed, seedlings are protected from early season nematode damage and damage from the insect pests specified in the Crop Use Directions.
To add early season disease protection, the seed treatment fungicides specified in the Crop Use Directions are approved for use on corn seed and may also be mixed with Avicta Duo Corn.
For Disease Protection – Early Season
- For the amount of fungicide to apply, refer to the EPA-approved label for the corn seed treatment fungicide.
- To add early season and broad spectrum disease protection for corn seedlings, treating corn seed with a mixture of Avicta Duo Corn plus seed treatment fungicides registered for use on corn seed, such as Apron XL, Dynasty CST, and Maxim XL, is highly recommended.
Avicta Duo Corn on Corn Seed (Includes corn grown for seed, field corn, popcorn, and sweetcorn)
Avicta Duo Corn is a seed treatment for corn grown for seed, field corn, popcorn, and sweetcorn. Avicta Duo Corn, contains the active ingredients abamectin and thiamethoxam. Avicta Duo Corn alone will provide corn seedlings early season protection from damage caused by nematodes and the insects specified in the section, “Application”. Tank mixing Avicta Duo Corn with additional thiamethoxam (Cruiser 5FS) will provide protection from damage caused by additional insects. Tank mixing Avicta Duo Corn with seed treatment fungicides will add early season disease protection. Refer to the following table for application directions.
- In addition to the amount of Avicta Duo Corn specified in the label, to protect corn seedlings from billbug and corn rootworm damage, apply Cruiser 5FS to the corn seed to achieve a total of 1.25 mg. of thiamethoxam per seed.
- 1 fl. oz. of Avicta Duo Corn contains 4.39 grams of abamectin and 9.96 grams of thiamethoxam.
- The typical density of Avicta Duo Corn is 10 lbs. per gallon.
2) Then add the amount of Cruiser 5FS to achieve:
a total of 1.25 mg. of thiamethoxam per seed.
One fl. oz. of Cruiser 5FS contains 17.7 grams of thiamethoxam.
Avicta Duo Corn contains the active ingredients abamectin and thiamethoxam. Cruiser 5FS is a seed treatment insecticide that contains only the active ingredient, thiamethoxam. To add protection from billbug and corn rootworm damage to Avicta Duo Corn treated corn seed, Cruiser 5FS must be mixed with Avicta Duo Corn to increase the amount of thiamethoxam per seed.