Agri-Mek 0.15 EC is an emulsifiable concentrate that will control certain pests on the crops listed on the label when the product is applied according to the Directions for Use.
Thorough coverage of foliage is essential for good mite and insect control.
- Phytotoxicity: Agri-Mek 0.15 EC has been tested for phytotoxicity and has a wide margin of safety on a variety of crops. Agri-Mek 0.15 EC has also been shown to be compatible with many commonly used pesticides, crop oils, and nutritional sprays.
However, since it is not possible to test a large number of possible mixtures, the user should pre-test any proposed mixtures with Agri-Mek 0.15 EC to ensure the physical compatibility and lack of phytotoxic effects.
- New York State Restriction: Do not apply Agri-Mek 0.15 EC with aircraft in New York State.
Agri-Mek 0.15 EC is a Group 6 insecticide (contains the active ingredient abamectin).
Because of the inherent risks of pests developing resistance to any product, it is strongly advised that Agri-Mek 0.15 EC be used in a sound resistance management program.
Treatment may not be effective against labeled pests if insect or mite tolerant strains develop. When applying Agri-Mek 0.15 EC to plants that are hosts of labeled pests with multiple generations per crop per year, use resistance management practices.
Resistance management practices may include, but are not limited to:
- rotating Agri-Mek 0.15 EC with other products with different modes of action,
- avoiding treatment of successive generations with the Agri-Mek 0.15 EC,
- using labeled rates at the specified spray intervals,
- using non-chemical alternatives such as beneficial arthropods,
- rotating susceptible to non-susceptible plants, and
- using various cultural practices.
For additional information regarding the implementation of these or other resistance management practices, consult your local agricultural advisor or company representative.
Mix with water as indicated below. Thorough coverage of the crop is essential for optimum results. Inadequate coverage may result in reduced control. For best coverage and control apply Agri-Mek 0.15 EC with ground application equipment.
Apply when mites first appear. The use rate depends on the size of the plant and density of the foliage. Repeat application if needed to maintain control. See Use Restrictions.
The lower use rates of 4-6 fl. oz./A are only recommended if cotton is early season and under 10 inches in height. Do not use less than 4 fl. oz./A. West of the Rocky Mountains – the lower use rates may only be used on cotton less than 10 inches in height and applied only with ground equipment.
Note: Agri-Mek 0.15 EC may be used without a wetting agent. Spreading and penetrating surfactants can improve mite control. When necessary to improve the wetting of foliage and to smooth out spray deposits, a nonionic surfactant is recommended. Do not use binder or sticker-type surfactants.
- Application Method: Ground or aerial application is permitted.
- Minimum Amount of Water: Do not apply in fewer than 5 gallons of water per acre.
Use sufficient volume to insure thorough coverage.
- Maximum Amount per Application: Do not apply more than 16 fl. oz./A (or 0.019 lb. ai./A) of Agri-Mek 0.15 EC or any other foliarly applied abamectin containing product per application.
- Application interval: Wait at least 21 days before repeating application.
- Maximum Amount per Season: Do not apply more than 32 fl. oz./A (or 0.038 lb. ai./A) of Agri-Mek 0.15 EC or any other foliarly applied abamectin containing product per season.
- Grazing Restriction: Do not feed or allow livestock to graze treated cotton.