ORNAMENTALS AND NURSERY PLANTS - CUTTING AND BULB DIP
This labeling MUST be in possession of the user at the time of pesticide application.
ProStar 70 WG Fungicide is a systemic fungicide for the control or suppression of listed foliar and soil borne diseases caused by basidiomycete fungi in turf and ornamentals.
For use on:
- Turf in golf courses, sod farms, sports fields, residential, institutional, municipal and commercial areas.
- Container ornamentals in nurseries, greenhouses and shade houses.
- Field grown ornamentals in nurseries and landscapes.
Apply this product only through pressurized drench (flood), sprinkler, or drip (trickle) irrigation systems. Do not apply this product through any other type of irrigation systems.
Crop injury, lack of effectiveness, or illegal pesticide residues in the crop can result from non-uniform distribution of treated water.
If you have questions about calibration, contact State Extension Service specialists, equipment manufacturers, or other experts.
Do not connect any irrigation system (including greenhouse systems) used for pesticide application to a public water system unless the pesticide label-prescribed safety devices for public water systems are in place.
A person knowledgeable of the chemigation system and responsible for its operation or under the supervision of the responsible person, shall shut the system down and make necessary adjustments.
Pesticide supply tanks are prescribed for the application of this product. See label instructions for dilution use rates and timing of application.
Agitate continuously during application.
OVERHEAD, MICROJET, OR DRIP IRRIGATION APPLICATION
ProStar 70 WG Fungicide alone or in tank mixture with other pesticides which are registered for overhead, microjet, or drip application may be applied in irrigation water at rates on this label. Follow the label directions for the most restrictive of label limitations and precautions.
This product cannot be mixed with any product containing a label prohibition against such mixing.
Apply this product only through an overhead, microjet, or drip irrigation system. Do not apply this product through any other type of irrigation system. Plant injury or lack of effectiveness can result from nonuniform distribution of treated water. If you have questions about calibration, contact State Extension specialists, equipment manufacturers, or other experts. Do not connect an irrigation system (including greenhouse systems) used for pesticide application to a public water system unless the pesticide label-prescribed safety device for public water systems are in place. A person knowledgeable of the chemigation system and responsible for its operation, or under the supervision of the responsible person, shall shut the system down and make necessary adjustments. Public water system means a system for the provision to the public of piped water for human consumption if such system has a least 15 service connections or regularly serves an average of at least 25 individuals daily or at least 60 days out of the year.
- The system must contain a functional check valve, vacuum relief valve, and low pressure drain appropriately located on the irrigation pipeline to prevent water source contamination from back flow. Chemigation systems connected to public water systems must contain a functional, reduced-pressure zone, back-flow preventer (RPZ) or the functional equivalent in the water supply line upstream from the point of pesticide introduction. As an option to the RPZ, the water from the public water system must be discharged into a reservoir tank prior to pesticide introduction. There shall be a complete physical break (air gap) between the outlet end of the fill pipe and the top or overflow rim of the reservoir tank of at least twice the inside diameter of the fill pipe.
- The pesticide injection pipeline must contain a functional, automatic, quick-closing check valve to prevent the flow of fluid back toward the injection pump.
- The pesticide injection pipeline must also contain a functional, normally closed, solenoid-operated valve located on the intake side of the injection pump and connected to the system interlock to prevent fluid from being withdrawn from the supply tank when the irrigation system is either automatically or manually shut down.
- The system must contain functional interlocking controls to automatically shut off the pesticide injection pump when the water pump motor stops.
- The irrigation line or water pump must include a functional pressure switch which will stop the water pump motor when the water pressure decreases to the point where pesticide distribution is adversely affected.
- Systems must use a metering pump, such as a positive displacement injection pump (e.g., diaphragm pump) effectively designed and constructed of materials that are compatible with pesticides and capable of being fitted with a system interlock.
- Prepare a mixture with a minimum of 1 gallon of water per 1 ounce of ProStar 70 WG Fungicide, and inject this mixture into the system. Injecting a larger volume of a more dilute mixture per hour will usually provide more accurate calibration of metering equipment. Maintain sufficient agitation to keep the fungicide in suspension.
- Meter into irrigation water during the beginning of the irrigation cycle.
- With overhead or microjet systems, apply enough water to thoroughly wet the potting media.
Precaution for irrigation applications: Where distribution patterns do not overlap sufficiently, unacceptable control may result. Where distribution patterns overlap excessively, injury to desirable plants may result.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE IN GREENHOUSES, SARAN AND SHADE HOUSES, OUTDOOR CONTAINER AND FIELD- GROWN ORNAMENTAL NURSERY STOCK
ProStar 70 WG Fungicide is a systemic fungicide, that, will provide systemic, preventative, and curative activity in the management of foliar, soilborne, and propagative diseases caused by rusts, species of Rhizoctonia, and Sclerotium rolfsii.
Although ProStar 70 WG Fungicide can be curative, application is suggested on a preventative basis at all sites of use where applicable when conditions are optimum for disease development or past history indicates disease development is imminent. When used as a curative treatment, apply ProStar 70 WG Fungicide at the highest prescribed concentration or rate allowed according to label directions.
Add the appropriate amount of ProStar 70 WG Fungicide to a partially filled spray or drench tank. Allow to dissolve for 5 minutes prior to agitation and filling the tank to final volume. Maintain continuous agitation throughout application and apply with properly calibrated spray equipment using 50-mesh or larger screens.
If ProStar 70 WG Fungicide is tank mixed with other labeled plant protection products, add ProStar 70 WG Fungicide first. After the ProStar 70 WG Fungicide is completely dissolved, add the mixture partners.
Failure to follow the direction for use and precautions on this label may result in poor disease control or plant injury.
For foliar applications, apply the spray mixture to obtain optimum coverage of the plant foliage.
ORNAMENTAL USE RESTRICTIONS
- Make no more than 4 applications of ProStar 70 WG Fungicide per year to ornamental plantings.
- Do not use fruit or nuts for food or feed purposes.
- Do not apply when wind speed favors drift beyond the area intended for treatment.
NOTICE TO USER: ProStar 70 WG Fungicide has shown acceptable plant tolerance to the specific genera and species listed on this label.
Due to the large number of species and varieties of ornamentals and nursery plants, it is impossible to test every one for tolerance to ProStar 70 WG Fungicide. Neither the Manufacturer nor the Seller has determined whether or not ProStar 70 WG Fungicide can be used safely on ornamental plants not specified on this label. For plants not specified on the label, trial applications must be at the highest labeled concentrations to at least 25 plants. Apply 3 times at 14-day intervals (foliar) and twice at a 28-day interval (drench). Observe for phytotoxicity prior to each application and 2 weeks after final application.
CUTTING & BULB DIP
MIXING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Add the appropriate amount ProStar 70 WG Fungicide to a partially filled tank and follow previous instructions. During dipping period, keep ProStar 70 WG Fungicide suspension under constant agitation.
CUTTING AND BULB DISEASE(S) CONTROLLED AND APPLICATION CONCENTRATIONS:
ProStar 70 WG Fungicide will prevent and provide curative activity against species and Rhizoctonia and Sclerotium rolfsii. Use at 3 to 6 oz per 100 gal.
Immerse cuttings for 5 minutes, remove and allow to drain and preferably dry prior to planting. Wear clothing outlined in PPE requirements for applicators and other handlers.
With bulbs, corms, and rhizomes, dip cleaned units for 5 minutes and allow to dry prior to planting, as well as following previously stated PPE requirements.