CORN - CUTWORMS, WIREWORMS ETC. CONTROL
Fortress 2.5G is a granular soil insecticide for use on corn (field, sweet, popcorn and seed) at planting for the control of northern, western and southern corn rootworms, wireworms, cutworms, seed corn maggots, white grubs and symphylans.
Fortress 2.5G should be applied as a T-band over the row or applied in-furrow at planting with a granular pesticide applicator properly calibrated to assure accurate placement and proper application rate. DO NOT apply as a surface band behind the press wheel.
T-Band Application at Planting:
- Fortress 2.5G can be applied in conventional, conservation or no-till corn as a T-band treatment. Place the granules in a band over the row behind the planter shoe and in front of the press wheel. Granules must be incorporated into the top one-inch of soil using tines, chains or other suitable equipment.
- Optimal cutworm control can be obtained by applying Fortress 2.5G as a T-band treatment and incorporating into the top one-inch of soil. Heavy infestations of cutworm may result in sufficient numbers of larvae surviving the treatment and damaging the corn. If this occurs, apply a rescue treatment with an insecticide registered for this use.
In-Furrow Application at Planting:
- Fortress 2.5G can be applied in conventional, conservation or no-till corn as an in-furrow treatment. Place the applicator tube either directly into or behind the planter shoe, so the granules drop into the seed furrow.
- The in-furrow application method provides optimal control of seed corn maggots, wireworms and white grubs.
Further Application Information:
- Granules exposed on the soil surface in the turn areas at the row ends and in loading areas must be incorporated into the top one-inch of soil immediately after treating fields by discing, harrowing or other suitable means.
- Under windy conditions the use of wind shields is recommended to ensure proper placement of granules.
- Fortress 2.5G is non-corrosive to equipment and is nonflammable.
To determine the approximate amount of Fortress 2.5G needed per acre at various row spacing and the CALIBRATION INSTRUCTIONS & GAUGE SETTINGS, refer in the label.