SWEET POTATOES - EXOTIC WHITE GRUB AND WIREWORM CONTROL
RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Belay is an insecticide for broad spectrum control of insects infesting potato and tobacco. When applied as directed, Belay provides excellent and long residual control. o not use a foliar application of clothianidin (Belay) following a soil application of clothianidin.
- Regardless of formulation or type of application (soil or foliar), do not apply more than a total of 0.2 lbs active ingredient clothianidin per acre per season for all crops.
- If the maximum season limit of clothianidin as mentioned above has been applied and pest populations require additional treatments, use another registered pesticide that is not in the neonicotinoid class of chemistry.
- Do not apply by air.
Spray nozzles should be selected which will provide accurate and uniform spray deposition. Use spray nozzles, which provide medium sized droplets and reduce drift. To help insure accuracy, calibrate sprayer before each use. For information on spray equipment and calibration, consult nozzle manufacturers and/or State and County Extension Service.
Apply Belay using sufficient water volume to provide thorough and uniform coverage. In situations here a dense canopy exists and/or pest pressure is high, use greater water volumes. The use of a pray adjuvant may improve spray coverage. Avoid making applications under conditions where uniform coverage cannot be obtained or where excessive spray drift may occur.
Apply preplant incorporated prior to transplanting the sweet potato slips.
- Belay Insecticide provides wireworm suppression.
Use Restrictions for Belay Insecticide when applied preplant incorporated on sweet potatoes:
1. Always read and follow all label directions, restrictions and precautions when using any pesticide alone or in tank mix combinations. The most restrictive labeling applies when using a tank mix.
2. Do not make foliar applications of neonicotinoid insecticides (Group 4A) after soil applications of Belay Insecticide.
Refer to Belay Insecticide label for additional insects controlled.