FRUIT AND NUT CROPS - SOUR CHERRY - CONTROL OF SYNETA BEETLE?
Not for use in residential areas.
Read all precautions and directions before using. Apply this product only as specified on the label.
Imidan 70-W is compatible with most commonly used insecticides and fungicides, but is incompatible with alkaline materials such as spray lime, lime sulfur, and Bordeaux mixtures. These materials will reduce the insecticidal activity of Imidan 70-W.
Insecticidal activity may also be reduced when the spray solution has a pH of 7 or higher. The pH of the spray solution must be corrected by the addition of a suitable buffering or acidifying agent for optimum insecticidal activity.
The rate required for thorough, uniform coverage varies with plant growth at time of application. Apply recommended rate in adequate for thorough, uniform coverage varies with plant growth at time of application. Apply recommended rate in adequate spray volumes to provide complete coverage of fruit and foliage.
- Dilute or concentrate applications can be made. Use conventional ground equipment.
- For aerial applications, apply in a minimum of 2 gals. of water per acre for field and row crops, and a minimum of 5 gals. of water per acre for tree and vine crops unless otherwise specified in the recommendation for a specific crop.
Imidan is an organophosphate insecticide. Based on historical use patterns in some areas, certain pest species listed on the label may have developed resistance to organophosphate insecticides. Consult your local agricultural advisor, State Cooperative Extension Service, or regional Gowan Company representative for recommendations.
Do not exceed the maximum rate of Imidan 70-W per acre or the time limitations specified for the individual crops.
For chemigation application instruction information of Imidan 70-W, please refer to the label.
Refer to the label regarding tank mix information.
USE RECOMMENDATIONS FRUIT AND NUT CROPS
DORMANT SPRAYS: Imidan 70-W may be used during dormancy to control specified insects listed in each crop grouping which may overwinter on the tree and vine crops. Imidan 70-W may be used in combination with spray oils; always follow spray oil manufacturer’s label recommendations.
SPLIT APPLICATION SPRAYS: Applications to tree fruits and nuts may be made using a split application spray schedule. See crop for more specific application directions (if applicable). The split application method may be used to improve efficacy and, in the case of nut crops, to time insecticide applications at the onset of hull split of different maturing varieties that may be present within a single orchard. Check with your local agricultural advisor, State Cooperative Extension Service or regional Gowan Company representative for recommendations.
- Use prebloom (popcorn stage) if beetles are present, and allow 5 days before introducing bees. If not sprayed prebloom and Syneta beetle is a problem, apply at petal fall prior to shuck fall.
- The user shall not authorize any person who is not covered by the Worker Protection Standard (WPS), such as members of the general public involved in “pick-your-own,” “U-pick,” or similar operations, to enter a treated area for 14 days after application.
- Limit spray drift; turn airblast spray nozzles inward on row ends; and do not apply when bees are in the area.