FIELD CROPS - POTATO
DuPont KOCIDE 101 may be applied as an aerial, ground dilute or ground concentrate spray unless specifically directed otherwise in the specific crop directions.
The per acre use rate of KOCIDE 101 is applicable for both dilute and concentrate spraying. Depending upon the equipment used and the specific crop, the spray volume applied per acre will differ. Refer to Minimum Recommended Spray Volume Table. Complete spray coverage is essential to assure optimum performance from KOCIDE 101. When treating by aerial application or with low volume application equipment, unless you have had specific previous experience, it is advisable to test for compatibility and tolerance to crop injury prior to full scale commercial utilization.
Consult the KOCIDE 101 label for specific rates and timing of application by crop. Where application rates and intervals are provided in a range (e.g. 4 to 12 pounds and 7 to 10 days), the higher rates and shorter spray intervals are recommended when rainfall is heavy and/or disease pressure is high. Use the higher rates for large mature tree crops.
- KOCIDE 101 should not be applied in a spray solution having a pH of less than 6.5 as phytotoxicity may occur.
- Do not tank mix KOCIDE 101 with “Aliette” fungicide for use on any registered crops unless appropriate precautions have been taken to buffer the spray solution because severe phytotoxicity may result. Use in accordance with the most restrictive of label limitations and precautions. No label dosage rates should be exceeded. This product cannot be mixed with any product containing a label prohibition against such mixing.
- This product may be reactive on masonry and metal surfaces such as galvanized roofing. Avoid contact with metal surfaces. Do not spray cars, houses, lawn furniture, etc.
- Environmental conditions such as extended periods of wet weather, acid rain, etc. which alter the pH of the leaf surface may affect the performance of KOCIDE 101, resulting in possible phytotoxicity or loss of effectiveness.
- Agricultural chemicals may perform in an unpredictable manner when tank mixed, especially where several products are involved. Reduced effect on pests or crop injury may occur. Unless recommended on the label or by a state/local expert, it is advisable to test for compatibility and potential crop injury prior to full scale commercial utilization of a new tank mix; otherwise, tank mixing should not be undertaken.
- It must be determined if proper application equipment is available and if waste associated with its use can be properly handled. Agricultural chemicals are often reactive with the materials used in the construction of application equipment, such as aluminum, rubber, and some synthetic materials. This factor should be taken into consideration when selecting proper application equipment. It is necessary that all application equipment be thoroughly flushed with clean water after each day's use.
- Do not apply this product through any irrigation (chemigation) system using aluminum parts or components as damage to the system may occur. Such application is prohibited regardless of whether the irrigation system is flushed with water after use of this product.
- Apply this product only through one or more of the following types of systems: sprinkler, including center pivot, lateral move, traveler, big gun, or plastic pipe solid set system(s) which contain no aluminum parts or components. Do not apply this product through any other type of irrigation system.
- While volume is important in obtaining full spray coverage, often factors such as foliage density, environmental conditions and sprayer calibration have a greater impact. Always be sure that sprayers are calibrated to spray equipment manufacturer's specifications and environmental conditions are within those recommended by State and local regulatory authorities.
- When mixing, fill the spray tank one-half full with water. Add DuPont KOCIDE 101 slowly to tank while hydraulic or mechanical agitation is operating and continue filling with water. DO NOT PRE-MIX OR SLURRY KOCIDE 101. Spreaders, stickers, insecticides, nutrients, etc. should be added last. If compatibility is in question, use the Compatibility Jar Test before mixing a whole tank or contact your chemical supplier. Observe all precautions and limitations on the labels of all products used in mixtures.
FROST INJURY PROTECTION
BACTERIAL ICE NUCLEATION INHIBITOR
Application of KOCIDE 101 made to all crops listed on the label at rates and stages of growth indicated on the label, at least 24 hours prior to anticipated frost conditions, will afford control of ice nucleating bacteria (Pseudomonas syringae, Erwinia herbicola, and Pseudomonas fluorescens) and may therefore provide some protection against light frost. Not recommended for those geographical areas where weather conditions favor severe frost.
Apply 1 to 2 lbs. per acre at 7 to 10 day intervals or as needed starting when plants are 2 to 6 inches high in locations where disease is light. Apply up to 4 pounds per acre when disease is more severe. Under conditions of severe disease, control with DuPont KOCIDE 101 will be improved by tank mixing with other compatible fungicides registered for use on potatoes. Read and follow all label instructions of tank mix partners.