DESIRABLE TURFGRASS - COMMON AND HYBRID BERMUDAGRASS
Read all label directions before using.
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is a postemergence herbicide for control of annual and perennial grass weeds in ornamentals and certain turf grasses. Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide does not control broadleaf weeds or sedges (nutgrass). Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may be applied directly over the top of ornamentals or as a directed spray. Refer to the Ornamental Plant Tables for specific plant safety.
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental is a systemic herbicide which moves from the treated foliage into the shoots, roots, rhizomes, stolons, and growing points (meristematic regions) of treated grass weeds.
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is rainfast in one hour.
Growth of treated grass weeds stops soon after application. Symptoms include loss of vigor, yellowing and/or reddening, and eventual death to the treated grass plant. Symptoms are generally observed within 7-14 days after treatment, depending on grass weed species and environmental conditions. Complete control occurs from 10-21 days following application.
Thorough coverage of all weed plant foliage is important for good activity. Optimum weed control is achieved when young actively growing weeds are treated that are not under stress from moisture, temperature, low soil fertility, mechanical, or chemical injury.
TIMING – Best control of susceptible grasses is obtained when Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is applied to actively growing grasses before they exceed the recommended growth stages shown on the label. Refer to the grass weed table for specific recommendations on weed growth stages.
For best control, use sufficient spray volume and pressure to ensure complete coverage of the target grasses. Apply in 1-2 gallons final spray per 1,000 sq. ft. with spray pressures of 40-60 psi at the nozzle tip. When grass foliage is dense, use 60 psi and a minimum of 2 gallons per 1,000 sq. ft. to ensure coverage of weed foliage. Do not exceed the maximum application rates for Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide.
Always add a high quality nonionic surfactant containing at least 75% surface-active agent, at 0.25-0.5% v/v (1/2-1 pint per 25 gallons) of the finished spray volume for ground sprays.
FOR BEST RESULTS, DO NOT USE FLOOD TYPE OR OTHER SPRAY NOZZLE TIPS WHICH DELIVER COARSE, LARGE DROPLET SPRAYS.
FOR BEST RESULTS, DO NOT APPLY FUSILADE II TURF AND ORNAMENTAL HERBICIDE WITH CONTROLLED DROPLET APPLICATORS (CDA) OR ANY SIMILAR DEVICES.
DO NOT APPLY THIS PRODUCT THROUGH ANY TYPE OF IRRIGATION SYSTEM.
Disturbance (such as mowing, hand weeding, etc.) of treated grasses is not recommended within 7 days prior to or within 7 days after application of Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide, as weeds may be put under stress, reducing weed control. Timely cultivation 2-3 weeks before or after applying Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may assist weed control.
- Apply to actively growing grasses. Application to grasses which are stressed due to moisture, temperature, low soil fertility, mechanical or chemical injury may result in reduced weed control.
- For best results, apply at the recommended rate to grasses at the recommended growth stages as outlined in Table 5 - Annual and Perennial Grass Controlled by Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide. Application to grasses which have tillered, formed seed heads, or exceeded recommended growth stages may require additional treatment.
- Apply when the first grass weed species in a mixed grass weed population reaches the recommended growth stage for treatment. Use the highest recommended rate for grasses in that group.
- Where irrigation is used, best results may be obtained when Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is applied within 7 days after irrigation.
- Best perennial grass control can be obtained if rhizomes or stolons are cut up by hoeing, etc., to stimulate maximum emergence of grass shoots.
- Avoid drift to all other crops and nontarget areas. Grass crops are highly susceptible to Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide.
- For established turf, do not reseed desirable grasses to treated areas for 14 days following the application.
For bare ground areas which have been treated, wait 30 days to reseed.
- Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may be tank mixed with other pesticides, liquid fertilizers or any other additives according to the label or if local experience indicates that each product on the tank mix are safe to the treated crop.
- Sequential applications of other herbicides except as specified on the label or on supplemental labeling within five days before or after Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide application may result in ornamental injury and/or reduced grass control.
- Thoroughly clean spray tank with water and a commercial tank cleaner before and after each use.
- Reduced grass control may be observed if rainfall or irrigation occurs within one hour of application.
- DO NOT GRAZE ANIMALS IN TREATED AREAS OR FEED TREATED PLANTS.
- REFER TO GRASS WEED TABLES FOR SPECIFIC RECOMMENDATIONS ON WEED GROWTH STAGES.
- NOTICE TO BUYER AND USER: It is impossible to test every species and variety or cultivar of ornamental or nursery plants under all conditions. Plant tolerance of pesticides vary as conditions vary.
Plant tolerance of Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide at label rates has been found to be acceptable within the ranges specified for the indicated genera and species. Neither the manufacturer nor the seller has determined whether or not Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide can safely be used on plants not specified on the label. The professional user should determine if Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide can be used safely prior to use.
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may be applied as an over-the-top spray or a directed spray application in ornamentals.
WEED CONTROL IN DESIRABLE TURFGRASS
For the suppression and/or control of Common Bermudagrass, Hybrid Bermudagrass and other grass weeds in Zoysia and Tall Fescue. Not for use on home lawns.
Keep off fescue in summer.
Apply 0.07-0.14 oz/1000 sq. ft. (3-6 oz./A) along with 0.25% v/v (1/2 pt./25 gals.) of a nonionic surfactant. Application should be made every 28 days when the grass weeds are actively growing. The higher rates may result in temporary discolorization of the desirable turf with recovery in 10-14 days.
Do not apply to desirable turf which is under stress. For best results, make applications in spring and fall and avoid treatments during July and August.
Complete control of undesirable grass may take 1-2 growing seasons.
Over-spray Zoysia: Application should be made at a rate of 3-4 oz./A with Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide, and a nonionic surfactant. Applications should be made in late spring (around June 1) and repeated about every 28-30 days. Late-summer application can be reduced to 2-3 oz./A as bermudagrass is preparing for dormancy. During hot summer weather the rates could be increased to 4-5 oz./A.
Note: The 5 oz. rate could cause temporary turf discoloration.