LANDSCAPE AND ORNAMENTALS (BIRCH RIVER, ETC.) - DIRECTED APPLICATION - ANNUAL AND PERENNIAL WEEDS
Read all label directions before using.
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is a postemergence herbicide for control of annual and perennial grass weeds in ornamentals and certain turf grasses. Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide does not control broadleaf weeds or sedges (nutgrass). Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may be applied directly over the top of ornamentals or as a directed spray. Refer to the Ornamental Plant Tables for specific plant safety.
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental is a systemic herbicide which moves from the treated foliage into the shoots, roots, rhizomes, stolons, and growing points (meristematic regions) of treated grass weeds.
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is rainfast in one hour.
Growth of treated grass weeds stops soon after application. Symptoms include loss of vigor, yellowing and/or reddening, and eventual death to the treated grass plant. Symptoms are generally observed within 7-14 days after treatment, depending on grass weed species and environmental conditions. Complete control occurs from 10-21 days following application.
Thorough coverage of all weed plant foliage is important for good activity. Optimum weed control is achieved when young actively growing weeds are treated that are not under stress from moisture, temperature, low soil fertility, mechanical, or chemical injury.
TIMING – Best control of susceptible grasses is obtained when Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is applied to actively growing grasses before they exceed the recommended growth stages shown on the label. Refer to the grass weed table for specific recommendations on weed growth stages.
For best control, use sufficient spray volume and pressure to ensure complete coverage of the target grasses. Apply in 1-2 gallons final spray per 1,000 sq. ft. with spray pressures of 40-60 psi at the nozzle tip. When grass foliage is dense, use 60 psi and a minimum of 2 gallons per 1,000 sq. ft. to ensure coverage of weed foliage. Do not exceed the maximum application rates for Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide.
Always add a high quality nonionic surfactant containing at least 75% surface-active agent, at 0.25-0.5% v/v (1/2-1 pint per 25 gallons) of the finished spray volume for ground sprays.
FOR BEST RESULTS, DO NOT USE FLOOD TYPE OR OTHER SPRAY NOZZLE TIPS WHICH DELIVER COARSE, LARGE DROPLET SPRAYS.
FOR BEST RESULTS, DO NOT APPLY FUSILADE II TURF AND ORNAMENTAL HERBICIDE WITH CONTROLLED DROPLET APPLICATORS (CDA) OR ANY SIMILAR DEVICES.
DO NOT APPLY THIS PRODUCT THROUGH ANY TYPE OF IRRIGATION SYSTEM.
Disturbance (such as mowing, hand weeding, etc.) of treated grasses is not recommended within 7 days prior to or within 7 days after application of Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide, as weeds may be put under stress, reducing weed control. Timely cultivation 2-3 weeks before or after applying Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may assist weed control.
- Apply to actively growing grasses. Application to grasses which are stressed due to moisture, temperature, low soil fertility, mechanical or chemical injury may result in reduced weed control.
- For best results, apply at the recommended rate to grasses at the recommended growth stages as outlined in Table 5 - Annual and Perennial Grass Controlled by Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide. Application to grasses which have tillered, formed seed heads, or exceeded recommended growth stages may require additional treatment.
- Apply when the first grass weed species in a mixed grass weed population reaches the recommended growth stage for treatment. Use the highest recommended rate for grasses in that group.
- Where irrigation is used, best results may be obtained when Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is applied within 7 days after irrigation.
- Best perennial grass control can be obtained if rhizomes or stolons are cut up by hoeing, etc., to stimulate maximum emergence of grass shoots.
- Avoid drift to all other crops and nontarget areas. Grass crops are highly susceptible to Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide.
- For established turf, do not reseed desirable grasses to treated areas for 14 days following the application.
For bare ground areas which have been treated, wait 30 days to reseed.
- Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may be tank mixed with other pesticides, liquid fertilizers or any other additives according to the label or if local experience indicates that each product on the tank mix are safe to the treated crop.
- Sequential applications of other herbicides except as specified on the label or on supplemental labeling within five days before or after Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide application may result in ornamental injury and/or reduced grass control.
- Thoroughly clean spray tank with water and a commercial tank cleaner before and after each use.
- Reduced grass control may be observed if rainfall or irrigation occurs within one hour of application.
- DO NOT GRAZE ANIMALS IN TREATED AREAS OR FEED TREATED PLANTS.
- REFER TO GRASS WEED TABLES FOR SPECIFIC RECOMMENDATIONS ON WEED GROWTH STAGES.
- NOTICE TO BUYER AND USER: It is impossible to test every species and variety or cultivar of ornamental or nursery plants under all conditions. Plant tolerance of pesticides vary as conditions vary.
Plant tolerance of Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide at label rates has been found to be acceptable within the ranges specified for the indicated genera and species. Neither the manufacturer nor the seller has determined whether or not Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide can safely be used on plants not specified on the label. The professional user should determine if Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide can be used safely prior to use.
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may be applied as an over-the-top spray or a directed spray application in ornamentals.
LANDSCAPE AND ORNAMENTALS
For landscaped areas in residential, commercial, public and industrial buildings, roadsides, tree farms, Christmas trees, field grown ornamentals, greenhouses, nurseries, flower beds, industrial weed control, roadsides, including rights of ways, utility easements, and utility structures:
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide can be used to control annual and perennial grass weeds in many newly transplanted and established dicot ornamentals, trees, shrubs, and ground covers. See Tables 2-5 for specific plant safety.
Apply 16-24 fl oz/A (0.4 – 0.6 fl oz/1,000 sq ft) of Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide in sufficient water along with 0.25% (1/2 pt/25 gal) of a nonionic surfactant. Use only nonionic surfactant on ornamentals. DO NOT USE A CROP OIL CONCENTRATE WITH FUSILADE II TURF AND ORNAMENTAL HERBICIDE ON ORNAMENTALS.
For Control of wild oat (Avena fatua), barnyardgrass (Echinochloa crus-galli), Italian ryegrass (Lolium multiflorum), volunteer barley (Hordeum vulgare), volunteer rye (Secale cereale), volunteer wheat (Triticum aestivum) in Daffodils. Apply 16 fluid ounces of Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide per acre along with 0.25-0.5% v/v (1-2 quarts/100 gallons) of a high quality non-ionic surfactant containing at least 75% surface-active agent. Apply in 40 to 80 gallons spray volume per acre. Make one application pre-bloom.
Directed Applications. Use only nonionic surfactants on ornamentals.
- When plant growth habit allows, applications should be made as a directed spray to the ornamental plants listed below to minimize phytotoxicity.
- Limited testing of the ornamental plants listed has shown phytotoxicity greater than 50% when Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is applied over-the-top at label rates. (Phytotoxicity can occur whenever spray comes in contact with the foliage, even during directed sprays.)