ORNAMENTALS - ACACIA, ETC.
USE PRECAUTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Do not enter or allow others to enter until sprays have dried.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may he in the area during application.
- Not for use on turf being grown for sale or other commercial use as sod, or for commercial seed production, or for research purposes.
1. Sites and Benefits
- EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be applied to cool-season and warm-season turfgrass in commercial, public and noncropland areas such as:
- Commercial lawns, defined as areas around properties or facilities providing a service to public or private organizations including, but not limited to office buildings, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, universities, museums, libraries, sport facilities (golf courses), recreation areas, and athletic fields.
- Residential lawns, defined as areas associated with the household or home life including, but not limited to, apartment complexes, condominiums, and patient care areas of nursing homes, mental institutions, or convalescent homes.
- Noncropland areas, defined as vacant lots, road and curbside grass, fencelines, steep banks, rocky or rough terrain, and other fringe turf areas.
- Agricultural premises, such as around farm buildings, storage sheds, implement storage areas, and roadsides.
EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator suppresses seedhead formation, decreases the amount of clippings, and reduces the mowing requirements for up to 4 weeks.
EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be applied to specified ornamentals and groundcovers in commercial, residential, and public areas.
EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator reduces pruning and trimming for up to 8 weeks by regulating growth and/or inhibiting flower formation.
TIMING: Applications should be made to healthy, actively growing plants 7 to 14 days after pruning or trimming. Once the plant resumes active growth, pruning and repeat applications may be made. For flower inhibition of ornamental olive trees, apply EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator to foliage as a full cover spray at prebloom (tight bud stage) through the 5% bloom stage.
For ornamentals, apply EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator to foliage as a full cover spray to the drip point. Spray penetration of dense foliage and thorough coverage of all parts of shrubs, trees, and ornamentals are essential. The spray volumes will vary according to tree/shrub size, but trees 20 to 30 feet in height will require 10 to 15 gallons of spray solution per tree.
IRRIGATION AND RAINFALL:
Optimum results may not be obtained if rainfall or overhead irrigation occurs within 8 hours following application. Do not contaminate water intended for irrigation or domestic purposes. Do not apply through any type of irrigation system. To prevent product run-off, do not apply when raining or when rain is expected within 8 hours. Do not irrigate for 8 hours after application.
LIMITATIONS FOR ORNAMENTALS:
Do not apply to plants grown in containers. Do not contaminate food or feed. Do not feed clippings to livestock. Do not graze livestock in treated areas. Keep out of lakes, streams, and ponds.