OVERSEEDING ESTABLISHED COOL SEASON TURFGRASS - FALL
USE PRECAUTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Do not enter or allow others to enter until sprays have dried.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may he in the area during application.
- Not for use on turf being grown for sale or other commercial use as sod, or for commercial seed production, or for research purposes.
1. Sites and Benefits
- EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be applied to cool-season and warm-season turfgrass in commercial, public and noncropland areas such as:
- Commercial lawns, defined as areas around properties or facilities providing a service to public or private organizations including, but not limited to office buildings, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, universities, museums, libraries, sport facilities (golf courses), recreation areas, and athletic fields.
- Residential lawns, defined as areas associated with the household or home life including, but not limited to, apartment complexes, condominiums, and patient care areas of nursing homes, mental institutions, or convalescent homes.
- Noncropland areas, defined as vacant lots, road and curbside grass, fencelines, steep banks, rocky or rough terrain, and other fringe turf areas.
- Agricultural premises, such as around farm buildings, storage sheds, implement storage areas, and roadsides.
EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator suppresses seedhead formation, decreases the amount of clippings, and reduces the mowing requirements for up to 4 weeks.
Overseeding Established Cool-Season Turfgrass
Overseeding established turf with cool-season grass seed can improve the turf density and restore the aesthetic quality of turf. EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator can increase the success of overseeding by suppressing the growth of the existing turfgrass and by reducing the frequency of mowing by 50 percent. The reduction of mowing prevents damage to the newly established seedlings. Refer to Table 4.
Overseeding Bermudagrass Turf
Hybrid bermudagrass is overseeded with perennial ryegrass, annual ryegrass, and other cool-season grasses during the fall to enhance the appearance during winter. EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator can reduce the persistence of the cool-season grasses during spring and can improve the hybrid bermudagrass recovery during the transition period.
Apply 5.0 pints of product per acre to the cool-season grasses used for overseeding during early spring or prior to the recovery of the dormant bermudagrass.
Irrigation and Rainfall
Optimum results may not be obtained if rainfall or overhead irrigation occurs within 8 hours following application. Do not contaminate water intended for irrigation or domestic purposes. Do not apply through any type of irrigation system. To prevent product run-off, do not apply when raining or when rain is expected within 8 hours. Do not irrigate for 8 hours after application.
LIMITATIONS FOR TURFGRASS:
- Do not use in areas where there is heavy foot traffic. Do not apply to stressed, diseased, or unhealthy grass.
- Avoid spray drift onto nontarget foliage.
- Do not apply EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator to turf areas within four growing months after seeding and do not reseed within 3 days following application (except California where reseeding may not occur within 2 weeks).
- Do not contaminate food or feed.
- Do not feed clippings to livestock. Do not graze livestock in treated areas.
- Keep out of lakes, streams, and ponds.
In California, the application window is 14 days before seeding for spring and fall applications.
Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
Days before Seeding: 3 to 14 days