FIELD MARKING PAINTS - WARM SEASON TURF - ST. AUGUSTINEGRASS
USE PRECAUTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Do not enter or allow others to enter until sprays have dried.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may he in the area during application.
- Not for use on turf being grown for sale or other commercial use as sod, or for commercial seed production, or for research purposes.
1. Sites and Benefits
- EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be applied to cool-season and warm-season turfgrass in commercial, public and noncropland areas such as:
- Commercial lawns, defined as areas around properties or facilities providing a service to public or private organizations including, but not limited to office buildings, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, universities, museums, libraries, sport facilities (golf courses), recreation areas, and athletic fields.
- Residential lawns, defined as areas associated with the household or home life including, but not limited to, apartment complexes, condominiums, and patient care areas of nursing homes, mental institutions, or convalescent homes.
- Noncropland areas, defined as vacant lots, road and curbside grass, fencelines, steep banks, rocky or rough terrain, and other fringe turf areas.
- Agricultural premises, such as around farm buildings, storage sheds, implement storage areas, and roadsides.
EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator suppresses seedhead formation, decreases the amount of clippings, and reduces the mowing requirements for up to 4 weeks.
FIELD MARKINGS: Temporary field markings can be achieved by applying EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator with line marking paints.
WHERE TO USE: Sport stadiums, sport fields (schools, colleges/universities, parks, professional facilities), and athletic fields (football, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, softball, others).
Warm-Season Species: Including bermudagrass and St. Augustinegrass. This product is not recommended for bahiagrass.
EQUIPMENT: Powered stripers/sprayers, walk behind stripers, or wet line paint applicators capable of delivering lines (bands) 2 to 6 inches wide.
MATERIALS: Water based or latex formulations of paint. Line marking paints should comply with the requirements of the appropriate governing body (eg. National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), State High School Athletic Association, or others).
APPLICATION SCHEDULE: Generally, begin applications after full green-up in the spring and apply during active growth until early fall. Applications to turfgrass weakened by drought, insects, or disease may increase the potential for discoloration or injury.
NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS: Top quality water based latex paints may remain visible for one season provided that heavy use areas are resprayed or touched-up periodically. Generally, one application of EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator with the line marking paint is recommended per season.
APPLICATION RATE: The amount of paint per unit area to assure complete opacity and color of the lines should be recommended by the manufacturer. Our recommendations for plant growth regulation with EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator are based upon applying one gallon of marking paint per 1,000 square feet.
For Warm-Season Turfgrass: Apply 2 to 16 fluid ounces of EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator per one gallon of marking paint to treat 1,000 square feet of line surface area.
Refer to Table 3 for specific use rates.