EDGING TREATMENT - WARM SEASON TURF - HYBRID BERMUDAGRASS, ETC.
USE PRECAUTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Do not enter or allow others to enter until sprays have dried.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may he in the area during application.
- Not for use on turf being grown for sale or other commercial use as sod, or for commercial seed production, or for research purposes.
1. Sites and Benefits
- EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be applied to cool-season and warm-season turfgrass in commercial, public and noncropland areas such as:
- Commercial lawns, defined as areas around properties or facilities providing a service to public or private organizations including, but not limited to office buildings, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, universities, museums, libraries, sport facilities (golf courses), recreation areas, and athletic fields.
- Residential lawns, defined as areas associated with the household or home life including, but not limited to, apartment complexes, condominiums, and patient care areas of nursing homes, mental institutions, or convalescent homes.
- Noncropland areas, defined as vacant lots, road and curbside grass, fencelines, steep banks, rocky or rough terrain, and other fringe turf areas.
- Agricultural premises, such as around farm buildings, storage sheds, implement storage areas, and roadsides.
EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator suppresses seedhead formation, decreases the amount of clippings, and reduces the mowing requirements for up to 4 weeks.
Edging with Pump Type Sprayers
EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be used for edging grass when uniformly applied with pump type sprayers. The benefits of EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator will be extended trimming intervals, reduced time and labor associated with yard maintenance, and reduced growth in areas difficult to trim. This edging treatment can be used as a substitute for trimming in areas including:
- along sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, road and curbside grass
- around trees, shrubs, ornamental plantings, and under fencelines or guardrails
- around rocks, signposts, or fringe areas
- around buildings, patios, houses, mobile homes, and areas associated with household or home life.
- and other turfgrass areas requiring hand or mechanical trimming.
WHEN TO USE: Generally, begin applications in the spring after full green-up and continue applications until early fall.
At the time of application, the turfgrass should have developed the desired appearance, the desired height, and sufficient foliage for uptake. Avoid scalping for all turf species. If mowing or trimming removes most of the green leaf tissue, spraying should be delayed until sufficient new growth develops to assure product absorption into green leaves. Allow one or two days after mowing or trimming before applying EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator. Clippings and other debris should be removed before spraying.
Refer to Table 2 for use rates.
- Apply the specified amount of product in a 12 inch band for 1,000 linear feet. Or apply the specified amount of product in a 6 inch band for 2,000 linear feet.