FOR COOL SEASON AND WARM SEASON TURFGRASS - MULTIPLE APPLICATION
USE PRECAUTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Do not enter or allow others to enter until sprays have dried.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may he in the area during application.
- Not for use on turf being grown for sale or other commercial use as sod, or for commercial seed production, or for research purposes.
1. Sites and Benefits
- EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be applied to cool-season and warm-season turfgrass in commercial, public and noncropland areas such as:
- Commercial lawns, defined as areas around properties or facilities providing a service to public or private organizations including, but not limited to office buildings, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, universities, museums, libraries, sport facilities (golf courses), recreation areas, and athletic fields.
- Residential lawns, defined as areas associated with the household or home life including, but not limited to, apartment complexes, condominiums, and patient care areas of nursing homes, mental institutions, or convalescent homes.
- Noncropland areas, defined as vacant lots, road and curbside grass, fencelines, steep banks, rocky or rough terrain, and other fringe turf areas.
- Agricultural premises, such as around farm buildings, storage sheds, implement storage areas, and roadsides.
EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator suppresses seedhead formation, decreases the amount of clippings, and reduces the mowing requirements for up to 4 weeks.
MULTIPLE APPLICATION PROGRAM: Apply EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator to fairway height (approximately 3/8 to 1/2 inch) bentgrass at a rate of 0.5 fl. oz./1,000 square feet at 2 week intervals or 0.75 to 1.0 fl. oz./1,000 square feet at 4 week intervals. The effect of EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator is dependent upon the timing and rate of application.
NOTE: Turfgrass treated with EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may appear temporarily discolored This program is not recommended unless some discoloration of bentgrass and Poa annua can be tolerated. This color change can appear 1 week after treatment and may persist an additional 2 weeks. Treated areas should continue to receive management care designed to encourage the growth of a healthy vigorous turf.
To avoid turf injury, use only on turfgrass that is reasonably free of stress from diseases, insects, excess heat, cold or frost, drought or excess rainfall/irrigation, shaded areas, low soil pH, nematodes, improper mowing or improper applications of fertilizer and pesticides.
Injury can occur if this product is applied under any of these or other stress conditions. Under any of these stress conditions, any turf damage caused by the use of this product is beyond the control of PBI/Gordon Corporation and all risk is assumed by the buyer and/or user.
Cool-Season and Warm-Season Turfgrass: EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be applied more than once per season; however, wait at least 6 weeks between applications. For fall applications, apply at least 1 month before winter dormancy. In turfgrass renovation programs, areas treated with EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be reseeded 3 days following application (except California where reseeding may not occur within 2 weeks).
The maximum application rate is 20.0 pints of product per acre per application (0.5 lb. mefluidide ae per acre per application). The maximum seasonal rate is 40.0 pints of product per acre per year (1.0 lb. mefluidide ae per acre per season).
TURF COLOR AND NITROGEN/IRON COMBINATIONS: Turf treated with EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may appear less dense and temporarily discolored when compared with untreated turf. However, turf quality and color may be increased when compared to the untreated areas after the end growth regulation period.
Turf color and quality during weeks 1 through 3 of the growth regulation period may be improved with an application of Ferromec AC Liquid Iron. Schedule the application of Ferromec AC Liquid Iron within 10 days before the application of EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator. Refer to the Ferromec AC Liquid Iron label for the fertilizer rates.
HERBICIDE COMBINATIONS FOR TURFGRASS: EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator is a plant growth regulator and will not provide weed control. EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be applied with a broadleaf herbicide such as Trimec Classic Brand Broadleaf Herbicide, Super Trimec Broadleaf Herbicide, Trimec Southern Broadleaf Herbicide, and other herbicides EPA-registered for use in turfgrass. It is essential to follow label directions exactly for both the EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator and the broadleaf herbicide used.