FOR COOL SEASON AND WARM SEASON TURFGRASS - PRE-TREATMENT TURF MANAGEMENT
USE PRECAUTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Do not enter or allow others to enter until sprays have dried.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may he in the area during application.
- Not for use on turf being grown for sale or other commercial use as sod, or for commercial seed production, or for research purposes.
1. Sites and Benefits
- EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be applied to cool-season and warm-season turfgrass in commercial, public and noncropland areas such as:
- Commercial lawns, defined as areas around properties or facilities providing a service to public or private organizations including, but not limited to office buildings, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, universities, museums, libraries, sport facilities (golf courses), recreation areas, and athletic fields.
- Residential lawns, defined as areas associated with the household or home life including, but not limited to, apartment complexes, condominiums, and patient care areas of nursing homes, mental institutions, or convalescent homes.
- Noncropland areas, defined as vacant lots, road and curbside grass, fencelines, steep banks, rocky or rough terrain, and other fringe turf areas.
- Agricultural premises, such as around farm buildings, storage sheds, implement storage areas, and roadsides.
EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator suppresses seedhead formation, decreases the amount of clippings, and reduces the mowing requirements for up to 4 weeks.
Annual Bluegrass/Poa annua
Bentgrass (Golf Course Fairways)
Apply EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator after uniform green-up but before the first appearance of Poa annua seedheads (approximately two weeks prior to Poa annua seedhead appearance). Applications after the first seedhead appearance will suppress only seedheads which have not emerged. Seedheads that have emerged will not be controlled.
Pre-Treatment Turf Management:
Turf color and quality during week 1 through week 3 of the growth regulation period may be improved with an application of FeRROMEC AC Liquid Iron. Schedule the application of FeRROMEC AC Liquid Iron within 10 days before the application of EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator. Refer to FeRROMEC AC Liquid Iron label for the fertilizer rates. Applications at the rate of 3 fl. oz./1,000 square feet FeRROMEC AC Liquid Iron are often adequate.
Optimum seedhead control may not be obtained if rainfall or overhead irrigation occurs within 8 hours following application.
Cool-Season and Warm-Season Turfgrass: EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be applied more than once per season; however, wait at least 6 weeks between applications. For fall applications, apply at least 1 month before winter dormancy. In turfgrass renovation programs, areas treated with EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be reseeded 3 days following application (except California where reseeding may not occur within 2 weeks).
The maximum application rate is 20.0 pints of product per acre per application (0.5 lb. mefluidide ae per acre per application). The maximum seasonal rate is 40.0 pints of product per acre per year (1.0 lb. mefluidide ae per acre per season).
TURF COLOR AND NITROGEN/IRON COMBINATIONS: Turf treated with EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may appear less dense and temporarily discolored when compared with untreated turf. However, turf quality and color may be increased when compared to the untreated areas after the end growth regulation period.
Turf color and quality during weeks 1 through 3 of the growth regulation period may be improved with an application of Ferromec AC Liquid Iron. Schedule the application of Ferromec AC Liquid Iron within 10 days before the application of EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator. Refer to the Ferromec AC Liquid Iron label for the fertilizer rates.
HERBICIDE COMBINATIONS FOR TURFGRASS: EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator is a plant growth regulator and will not provide weed control. EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator may be applied with a broadleaf herbicide such as Trimec Classic Brand Broadleaf Herbicide, Super Trimec Broadleaf Herbicide, Trimec Southern Broadleaf Herbicide, and other herbicides EPA-registered for use in turfgrass. It is essential to follow label directions exactly for both the EMBARK Turf and Ornamental Growth Regulator and the broadleaf herbicide used.