ESTABLISHED PERENNIAL GRASSES GROWN FOR SEED
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
Kentucky bluegrass, tall fescue, orchardgrass, bentgrass, perennial ryegrass
A maximum of 24 ounces of Galigan 2E (0.375 lb. active) may be applied after harvest. A single application may be made. The maximum rate of 24 ounces of Galigan 2E may be split and the initial application should be applied before the weed (or grass) seedlings to be controlled exceed the 2-leaf growth stage and no later than December 15. The final application must be completed prior to January 15.
Early treatment is important for control of seedling grasses. Apply Galigan 2E at the onset of grass seed germination during the initial fall rains or fall sprinkler irrigation (late preemergence) or at the 1-leaf growth stage (early postemergence) may provide somewhat better control of volunteer crop seedlings than applications at the 2-leaf stage. Ample soil moisture soon after application is required for optimum performance against seedling grasses.
Applications to seedling grasses between the 2- and 6-leaf stage may result in partial control, varying with species. Single applications made to seedling between the 2- and 6-leaf growth stages will cause injury and stunting, but re-growth will generally occur. If seedling have not died within three to four weeks after treatment with Galigan 2E herbicide and healthy green re-growth is visible, a second application may be needed.
Galigan 2E herbicide will not control established perennial grasses or seedlings of most annual and perennial grasses beyond the six-leaf stage.
Tank mixtures and/or sequential applications of Galigan 2E with other herbicide products registered for use on grasses grown for seed in Washington may result in increased crop response, injury, or stand loss. If a tank mixture is to be applied, applications should be made only to healthy, vigorous stands of perennial grasses. The decision to apply a tank mixture containing Galigan 2E herbicide is at the sole discretion of the grower and at the grower's risk.
The following use restrictions must be observed when Galigan 2E herbicide is used as recommended on the label:
- Do not graze livestock in treated fields within 150 days of application.
- Galigan 2E herbicide must be applied using ground application equipment only.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all non-target areas. Galigan 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with Galigan 2E herbicide.