NON-DORMANT APRICOTS, ETC.
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
Galigan 2E herbicide is recommended for postemergence suppression when applied to susceptible weed seedlings less than 4 inches in height. Repeat applications may be required. Do not exceed 96 fl oz/A (6 pints) of Galigan 2E herbicide during the non-dormant stage of stone fruits. For a broader spectrum of grass weeds and broadleaf weeds control in the tree row middles, a tank mixture of Galigan 2E herbicide with either paraquat or glyphosate can be used. Read and follow the labeling of either the paraquat or glyphosate pesticide product which is to be tank mixed with Galigan 2E Herbicide.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
GROUND APPLICATION: Apply a minimum spray volume of 10 gallons of water per acre. Use higher volumes to ensure adequate coverage in high densities of emerged weeds or heavy trash. Use conventional low-pressure ground spray equipment with flat fan spray nozzles at 20 to 40 psi. An off center nozzle positioned at the end of the boom may be desired. Spray equipment should be calibrated carefully before each use.
- Follow the General Use Restrictions listed on the EPA-registered label.
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturer labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- When applied as a non-dormant treatment, Galigan 2E herbicide can only be applied to apricots, peaches, nectarines, plums and prunes after May 1.
- Galigan should be applied only to healthy trees.
- Direct spray toward the base of the tree. Avoid direct herbicide contact with foliage and fruit.