FALL SEEDED NEW PLANTINGS OF PERENNIAL RYEGRASS AND TALL FESCUE GROWN FOR SEED
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
Apply a single application of Galigan 2E either alone or tank mixed with up to 3 pints of Nortron 4SC per acre. Some temporary crop response may occur, but is typically only a transient effect and should not adversely impact yield. DO NOT APPLY TO NEWLY PLANTED STANDS THAT ARE UNDER STRESS FROM ANY CAUSE AS THERE IS AN ENHANCED OPPORTUNITY FOR CROP INJURY TO OCCUR. Control from the Galigan 2E is primarily directed at emerged seedling broadleaf weeds such as speedwell and groundsel, but control or suppression of other species is possible if tank mixed with Nortron. Overlaps (2X applications) will cause significant crop injury but should not result in excessive stand losses if the crop plants are at least 1 to 2 tillers when the applications are made.
Tank mixtures of Galigan 2E with Nortron may result in enhanced crop injury. If a tank mixture is to be applied, applications should be made only to healthy, vigorous stands of perennial grasses. The decision to apply a tank mixture containing Galigan 2E herbicide is at the sole discretion of the grower and at the grower’s risk.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Apply as a broadcast application in a minimum spray volume of 20 gallons of water per acre. Use conventional ground spray equipment with flat fan spray nozzles at a minimum spray pressure of 30 psi. Do not exceed maximum spray pressure of 60 psi. Spray equipment should be calibrated carefully before each use.