WINDBREAKS AND SHELTERBELTS - WEEDS CONTROLLED
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
WINDBREAKS AND SHELTERBELTS
(MINNESOTA, NORTH DAKOTA, SOUTH DAKOTA, WYOMING)
GALIGAN 2E is effective as a preemergence and/or postemergence herbicide for the control of certain annual broadleaf weeds in windbreaks and shelterbelts. Preemergence control is most effective when spray is applied to clean, weed-free soil surfaces. Treated soil surfaces should not be disturbed as the herbicidal effectiveness of GALIGAN 2E may be decreased. Seedling weeds are controlled during emergence as they come in contact with the soil-applied herbicide. The most effective postemergence weed control is achieved when GALIGAN 2E herbicide is applied with thorough coverage of weeds in the seedling stage.
Occasionally after the use of GALIGAN 2E herbicide, a spotting, crinkling, or flecking may appear on leaves of deciduous species.
Leaves that receive direct or indirect (drift) spray contact will be injured. Deciduous species typically outgrow this condition rapidly and develop normally.
IMPORTANT: Some varieties or cultivars and deciduous species listed may be susceptible to GALIGAN 2E. Care should be taken to ensure that the particular variety to be sprayed with GALIGAN 2E is tolerant. It is suggested that unfamiliar species be tested in limited areas prior to application for preemergence and postemergence weed control.
GALIGAN 2E herbicide is most effective when applied preemergence to annual grasses. Postemergence applications should be made to seedling grasses not exceeding the 2-leaf stage. The addition of 0.25% (2 pints per 100 gallons of spray solution) of an 80% active nonionic surfactant, cleared for application on growing crops, enhances the GALIGAN 2E herbicide activity on emerged weeds. When determining an appropriate use rate where a range of rates is provided, use higher rates where heavy weed pressure is anticipated, or where medium and fine soil textures exist and high organic matter soils are present.
WINDBREAKS AND SHELTERBELTS
SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS
In addition to the following, also observe GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS listed at the beginning of the label.
- Always apply GALIGAN 2E herbicide to healthy deciduous and /or conifer species.
- Do not apply GALIGAN 2E herbicide to conifers or deciduous species that have been weakened or under stress from excessive fertilizer or soil salts, disease, nematodes, frost, drought, flooding, previously applied pesticides, soil insects, or winter injury, as severe injury may result.