PISTACHIOS, WALNUTS, ALMONDS (CALIFORNIA ONLY) - POSTEMERGENCE SUPPRESSION
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
Galigan 2E herbicide provides effective vegetation management when applied to young broadleaf weed seedlings. For enhanced postemergence activity on certain grassy and broadleaf weeds, a tank mixture of Galigan 2E herbicide with either paraquat (Gramoxone) or glyphosate (Roundup) can be used when applied with ground application equipment.
At therate specified, Galigan 2E herbicide is recommended for postemergence suppression when applied to susceptible weed seedling less than 4 inches in height. Repeat applications may be required.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
GROUND APPLICATION: Apply a minimum spray volume of 20 gallons of water per acre (minimum 10 gallons for Galigan 2E/glyphosate (Roundup) tank mix). Use higher volumes to ensure adequate coverage in high densities of emerged weeds or heavy trash. Use conventional low-pressure ground spray equipment with flat fan spray nozzles at 20 to 40 psi. An off-center nozzle positioned at the end of the boom may be desired. Spray equipment should be calibrated carefully before each use.
PISTACHIOS, WALNUTS, ALMONDS
SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS
In addition to the following, also observe GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS listed at the beginning of the label.
- WHEN APPLIED AS A NON-DORMANT TREATMENT, GALIGAN 2E HERBICIDE CAN ONLY BE APPLIED TO PISTACHIO PLANTINGS BETWEEN MAY 1 AND 7 DAYS PRIOR TO HARVEST.
- WHEN APPLIED AS A NON-DORMANT TREATEMENT, GALIGAN 2E HERBICIDE CAN ONLY BE APPLIED TO ALMOND PLANTINGS BETWEEN APRIL 1 AND SEPTEMBER 30 AND TO WALNUT PLANTINGS BETWEEN MAY 1 AND SEPTEMBER 30.
- Do not apply Galigan 2E herbicide within 7 days of harvest of pistachio trees.
- Do not apply Galigan 2E herbicide within 30 days of harvest of almond trees.
- Do not apply Galigan 2E herbicide within 7 days of harvest of walnut trees.
- Galigan 2E herbicide should be applied only to healthy growing trees.
- Direct spray toward the base of tree. Avoid direct herbicide contact with foliage or nuts.