GRAPES (CALIFORNIA ONLY) - POSTEMERGENCE
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
GRAPES GROWN FOR WINE OR RAISINS ONLY (CALIFORNIA ONLY)
Galigan 2E herbicide is a selective herbicide for the control/suppression of susceptible broad leaf weed species in nondormant grapes (raisin and wine grapes only) when applied either as a directed ground spray application or for supplemental preemergence weed control through low-volume sprinkler (microsprinkler) or drip (trickle) irrigation systems. (Galigan 2E herbicide can be applied to all grapes (raisin, table, wine) when applied as a dormant application as specified above.) The total amount of Galigan 2E herbicide applied during one season (from completion of final harvest through dormancy to nondormant use covered by this section) cannot exceed a total of 6 pints (1.5 lbs. a.i.) per acre as a result of multiple applications in any given area (broadcast, banded, or within the wetted area of the low-volume sprinkler or drip irrigation systems).
CROP TOLERANCE INFORMATION
The use of Galigan 2E herbicide may in some instances result in varying degrees of injury to nondormant grapes. Grape foliage will typically exhibit injury symptoms from direct or indirect (spray drift, soil contact) exposure to Galigan 2E herbicide. This injury may result in leaf necrosis, reddening of the foliage, leaf cupping, or crinkling of the crop. The grape plant continues to grow normally.
Immature, expanding leaves at the time of contact with Galigan 2E are the most susceptible to foliage injury. Grapes may exhibit some small blemishes (spots or flicks) to the fruit.
DOSAGE AND APPLICATION TIMING
Galigan 2E herbicide can be applied as a nondormant application. Applications can be made to nondormant grapes during the period between the completion of bloom up through 14 days prior to harvest.
WEEDS CONTROLLED/SUPPRESSED POSTEMERGENCE (weeds up to 4 inches high)
For postemergence control/suppression, apply to susceptible weed seedlings up to 4 inches in height. Repeat applications may be required. Applications to weeds beyond this 4-inch stage or at reduced use rates will result in reduced herbicidal activity.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
GROUND APPLICATION: Galigan 2E herbicide should be thoroughly mixed with clean water at recommended concentrations and applied in a minimum of 20 gallons of water per acre (minimum 10 gallons for Galigan/glyphosate tank mix). Use higher volumes to ensure adequate coverage in high densities of emerged weeds or heavy trash. Best preemergence results are achieved when spray is applied to a relatively weed-free established berm or soil surface.
Galigan 2E herbicide should be directed to the soil and the base of vines. See SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS for Galigan 2E herbicide application on nondormant vine plantings.
Thoroughly flush the spray equipment (tank, hose, pump, boom) with water before and after each use. Residual Galigan 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops.
AVOID DRIFT TO ALL OTHER CROPS AND NONTARGET AREAS. DO NOT APPLY WHEN WEATHER CONDITIONS FAVOR DRIFT. GALIGAN 2E HERBICIDE IS PHYTOTOXIC TO PLANT FOLIAGE.
GRAPES GROWN FOR WINE OR RAISINS ONLY
NONDORMANT APPLICATION-CALIFORNIA ONLY
SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS
In addition to the following, also observe GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS listed at the beginning of the label.
- The total amount of Galigan 2E herbicide applied during one season (from completion of final harvest through dormancy to nondormant use covered by this section) cannot exceed 6 pints (1.5 lbs. active) per acre as a result of multiple applications in any given area (broadcast, banded, or within the wetted area of the low-volume sprinkler or drip irrigation systems.
- Do not initiate Galigan 2E herbicide applications in nondormant grapes until the completion of bloom.
- Do not apply to grapes established less than 3 years unless vines are either on a trellis wire a minimum of 3 feet above the soil surface or protected by grow tubes.
- Galigan 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment or through low-volume sprinkler (microsprinkler) or drip (trickle) irrigation systems as specified above.
- Apply Galigan 2E herbicide as a nondormant application to wine grapes or raisin grapes only.