MINT (SPEARMINT, PEPPERMINT) - GROWN ON MUCK SOILS ONLY
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
MINT (SPEARMINT, PEPPERMINT)
GROWN ON MUCK SOILS ONLY IN INDIANA, MICHIGAN, MONTANA, NORTH DAKOTA, SOUTH DAKOTA, WISCONSIN
Galigan 2E herbicide is a selective herbicide that can be used for the control of certain annual broadleaf weeds in dormant spearmint and peppermint. Applications should be made prior to the emergence of spearmint and peppermint that is grown on muck soils.
Applications made after the spearmint and peppermint emerge will result in severe injury.
Applications to first year spearmint and peppermint should be made within four (4) days of planting (sprigging) to prevent excessive injury.
When used postemergence (to the weeds) add an 80% active nonionic surfactant at the rate of one quart per 100 gallons of spray solution. Applications should be made before the weeds exceed four inches. It is important that applications of Galigan 2E herbicide be made prior to the emergence of the spearmint and peppermint. Galigan 2E herbicide should be thoroughly mixed with clean water at recommended concentrations and applied in 20 to 40 gallons of water per acre. Apply at 20 to 40 psi.
MINT (SPEARMINT, PEPPERMINT)
(FOR USE ON MINT GROWN ON MUCK SOILS ONLY IN INDIANA, MICHIGAN, MONTANA, NORTH DAKOTA, SOUTH DAKOTA, WISCONSIN)
SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS
In addition to the following, also observe GENERAL USE RESTICTIONS listed at the beginning of the label.
- Apply Galigan 2E herbicide only to spearmint and peppermint grown on muck soils (muck soils containing 20% or greater organic matter).
- Always apply Galigan 2E herbicide to healthy spearmint and peppermint. Do not apply Galigan 2E herbicide to spearmint or peppermint that has been weakened by disease, nematodes, soil insects, or winter injury, as severe injury may result.
- Do not apply Galigan 2E herbicide to spearmint or peppermint that has emerged.
- Applications of Galigan 2E herbicide to first-year spearmint or peppermint should be made within four (4) days of planting (sprigging).