GARLIC - TRANSPLANTED
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
GALIGAN 2E is a selective herbicide for postemergence application to direct-seeded and transplanted garlic for early postemergence control of certain annual broadleaf and grass weeds. Initial spray application should be made only when the garlic have reached the development stage specified in the DOSAGE section and the SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS section of the label. On garlic transplants, spray as soon after transplanting as practical. GALIGAN 2E herbicide can cause necrotic lesions, twisting, pigtailing, or stunting of the garlic plants. Injury will be more severe if applications are made immediately following or during cool, wet weather and/or if applications are made prior to the development stage of the garlic plants as specified in the DOSAGE section and the SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS section of the label.
Transplanted garlic are most tolerant of a postemergence application immediately after transplanting. For all states except the Northeastern states listed under the DOSAGE – SEEDED GARLIC section, an application of up to 2 pints (0.5 lb. active) per acre within two days after transplanting may be made. If less than 2 pints per acre are applied, a second application can be made two weeks or more after transplanting. Do not exceed the maximum use rate of 2 pints (0.5 lb. active) per broadcast acre of GALIGAN 2E herbicide as a result of multiple applications in one season.
For transplanted garlic in the Northeastern states, apply the same rates listed in the DOSAGE-SEEDED GARLIC section within two days after transplanting.
Dosages listed are for broadcast application. For banded application, the amount of GALIGAN 2E herbicide used per acre should be reduced according to the formula in the label.
TIMING AND METHOD OF APPLICATION
For best postemergence control of susceptible weeds, apply when the weeds are in the 2- to 4-leaf stage. Application of GALIGAN 2E herbicide after the weeds exceed the maximum leaf stage may result in reduced weed control. More than one postemergence application may be necessary to control subsequent weed flushes. GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be thoroughly mixed with clean water at recommended concentration and applied in a minimum of 40 gallons of water per acre. Use conventional ground spray equipment with flat fan spray nozzles at 20 to 40 psi. Accurately calibrate spray equipment prior to each use. Avoid drift to all other crops and nontarget areas. Thoroughly flush the spray equipment (tank, hose, pump, boom) with water before and after each use.
Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops.
In addition to the following, also observe GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS listed at the beginning of the label.
- In all states except Northeastern states, do not start spraying until the garlic (direct-seeded) have two (2) fully developed true leaves.
In the Northeastern states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont), do not start spraying until the garlic (direct-seeded) have three (3) fully developed true leaves. Applications made prior to the recommended garlic development stage may result in serious injury and are not recommended.
- Use only on dry bulb garlic.
- Do not apply to garlic grown for seed.
- Tank mixtures of GALIGAN 2E herbicide with oils, surfactants, liquid fertilizers, or pesticides may result in enhanced crop responseinjury
and are the responsibility of the user.
- Do not apply GALIGAN 2E herbicide preemergence to direct-seeded garlic.
- Do not apply to garlic plants that are under stress due to drought, flooding, excessive fertilizer or soil salts, storage conditions, wind injury, hail, frost damage, injury from previously applied pesticides, or injury due to insects, nematodes, or diseases.
Pigweed, Prostrate, Redroot, Shepherdspurse: Specific Weeds Controlled At Rates Recommended For Use In Northeastern States (See DOSAGE Section).