GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
GROUND OR AERIAL APPLICATION OF GALIGAN 2E HERBICIDE ON FALLOW BEDS
GALIGAN 2E is effective as a preemergence and/or postemergence herbicide when used alone or in a tank mix combination with glyphosate (Roundup) for the control of winter annual broadleaf weeds to be planted to the crops listed below.
IMPORTANT: The fallow beds should be worked thoroughly to a depth of at least 2½ inches prior to planting; weed control should not be expected following breaking of the soil surface. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDED TREATMENT-PLANTING INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN STAND REDUCTION AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANTED CROP.
Crop injury may be enhanced if newly seeded crops or transplants are under stress due to drought, flooding, excessive fertilizer or soil salts, low soil temperatures, wind injury, hail, frost damage, injury from previously applied pesticides, or injury due to insects or diseases.
EXERCISE EXTREME CARE TO AVOID HERBICIDE CONTACT WITH ANY DESIRABLE DORMANT OR NON-DORMANT CROP, PLANT, TREE, OR VEGETATION AS SEVERE INJURY MAY RESULT.
GALIGAN 2E HERBICIDE USED ALONE
GALIGAN 2E herbicide may be applied at 1 to 2 pints (0.25 to 0.5 lb. active) per broadcast acre. The lower rate (1 pint per acre) should provide up to 4 weeks of preemergence control of susceptible weeds and provide postemergence control of susceptible weeds (up to 4-leaf stage). The higher rate (2 pints per acre) should provide preemergence control of susceptible weeds for up to 8 weeks and postemergence control of susceptible weeds (up to 6-leaf stage). Best preemergence control is achieved when irrigation or rainfall occurs within 3 to 4 weeks following application.
GALIGAN 2E is a contact herbicide, therefore, coverage is essential for acceptable postemergence control. If dense weed populations, oversized weed seedlings, volunteer grains, annual grasses, or unfavorable environmental conditions exist, a tank mixture of GALIGAN 2E herbicide with glyphosate (Roundup) for postemergence control is recommended.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied in a minimum of 5 gallons of water per acre. The volume of water used should be increased as the weeds become taller and more dense. Use a low-pressure sprayer equipped with flat fan nozzles. Spray equipment should be calibrated carefully before each use.
GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied using swirl jet or hollow cone nozzles and a spray pressure less than 40 psi to deliver a minimum spray volume of 10 gallons per acre (minimum 5 GPA for GALIGAN 2E/glyphosate (Roundup) tank mix).
Applications should be made at a height of 6 to 10 feet above the soil surface. It is suggested that the nozzles on the spray booms should not be placed any closer to the wing or rotor tips than ¾ of the span; this will minimize the formation of spray or wing tip vortice roll. Nozzles should be spaced and positioned to produce a uniform spray pattern and to minimize or eliminate the formation of droplets 100 microns or less in diameter.
Aerial applicators must be familiar with the label and follow the use precautions. Spraying GALIGAN 2E herbicide in a manner other than as recommended is done at the user's risk. Users are responsible for all loss or damage that results from such spraying. In addition, aerial applicators should follow all applicable state and local regulations and ordinances. In interpreting the label and local regulations, the most restrictive situations should apply to avoid drift hazards.
SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS
In addition to the following, also observe GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS listed at the beginning of the label.
• Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.