SELECTED FIELD-GROWN DECIDUOUS TREES
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
SELECTED FIELD-GROWN DECIDUOUS TREES
Many field-grown deciduous trees are tolerant to applications of GALIGAN 2E herbicide directed to the soil and base of the plant.
Apply of GALIGAN 2E herbicide as a spray to the soil area surrounding deciduous plants for preemergence or early postemergence weed control. This product may be applied as a single or split application. DO NOT apply more than 6 pints of product per season.
For spot treatments, refer to the table in the label for dosage rates. Sprays must be uniform and applied to the soil on a spray-to-wet basis. When spraying to control weeds on a preemergence or postemergence basis, 1 gallon of spray mixture should cover 400 square feet. (This is equivalent to applying GALIGAN 2E herbicide at a use rate of approximately one gallon per acre in a spray volume of 110 gallons per acre.) It is recommended that an 80% active nonionic surfactant be added to the spray mixture at a rate of 1 tablespoon (0.5 fluid ounces) per gallon of spray when making postemergence applications.
GALIGAN 2E herbicide can be applied after transplanting or to established deciduous trees. For optimum weed control, applications should be made prior to weed germination.
For maximum safety to deciduous species mentioned on the label, post-directed applications of GALIGAN 2E should be made to the soil prior to bud swell in the spring or after trees have initiated dormancy in the fall. Care must be taken to avoid contact of spray drift or mist with foliage or green bark of deciduous trees.
GALIGAN 2E herbicide may be phytotoxic to the foliage of non-target plants. Avoid making applications of this product under conditions that favor drift to non-target areas.
Note: Applications made after bud swell may result in injury to deciduous trees and are not recommended. If a nondormant application is required due to weed competition, do not apply during periods of new foliage growth. Applications should be made after foliage has fully expanded and hardened off. Direct spray toward the soil at the base of the trees and use greater than 50 gallons of water per acre. Splashing soil can carry GALIGAN 2E herbicide, which may injure the leaves of some deciduous trees.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be directed to the soil. Avoid direct spray or drift onto foliage, flowers, or green bark. Apply in 20 or more gallons of water per acre to provide uniform spray distribution and coverage to the soil surface. Use higher volumes to ensure adequate soil coverage in high densities of emerged weeds or heavy trash. Thorough spray coverage is essential to maximize the postemergence activity of GALIGAN 2E. Use a low-pressure (20 to 40 psi) sprayer. The use of spray shields that reduce exposure of foliage and bark to GALIGAN 2E spray is suggested. Spray equipment should be calibrated carefully before each use.
FIELD-GROWN DECIDUOUS TREES-SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS
In addition to the following, also observe GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS listed at the beginning of the label.
- DO NOT apply more than 6 pints (1.5 lbs. active) of this product per broadcast acre per year.
- The use directions described here for field-grown deciduous trees do not apply to bearing tree fruit, nut, and vine crops. For selected bearing tree fruit, nut, and vine crops, refer to the TREE FRUIT, NUT, VINE section of the label for use directions.
- Apply this product to the soil surface surrounding trees prior to bud swell or after trees have initiated dormancy in the fall. Although not recommended, if a nondormant application is required, apply as a directed spray when foliage has fully expanded and hardened off. Do not apply during periods of new foliage growth.
- Avoid direct or indirect spray contact to foliage flowers and green bark.
- DO NOT apply this product when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to non-target areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- DO NOT apply GALIGAN 2E herbicide to trees that have been weakened or are under stress from excessive fertilizer or soil salts, disease, nematodes, frost, wind injury, drought, flooding, previously applied pesticides, insects, or winter injury, as severe.
- DO NOT graze or feed livestock forage cut from areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- Maple, Black, Red, Sugar: Do not apply to maple trees used for production of maple sap or maple syrup.
- Almond, Apple, Apricot, Cherry, Chestnut, Crabapple, Filbert, Nectarine, Nut, Hickory, Nut, Macadamia, Peach, Pear, Pecan, Pistachio, Plum, Prune, Walnut, Black: Apply as directed to nonbearing trees. For bearing tree fruit, nut, and vine crops, refer to the TREE FRUIT, NUT, VINE SECTION of the label for use directions.