CITRUS (NON-BEARING) - PREEMERGENCE - ARIZONA AND CALIFORNIA
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
FOR USE ONLY IN PERMANENTLY ESTABLISHED GROVES
GALIGAN 2E is effective as a preemergence and/or postemergence herbicide when used alone or in recommended tank-mix combinations for the control of certain annual broadleaf weeds in nonbearing citrus plantings. GALIGAN 2E herbicide may be applied to newly planted trees or to young trees that will not bear fruit within one year.
The most effective postemergence weed control is achieved when GALIGAN 2E herbicide is applied to seedling weeds at the recommended growth stage. For postemergence control of certain grassy and broadleaf weeds, a tank mix of GALIGAN 2E herbicide with paraquat (Gramoxone) or glyphosate (Roundup) can be used.
For residual grass control in citrus, a tank mixture of GALIGAN 2E herbicide with Devrinol, simazine, Solicam, or Surflan can be used. Contact herbicides such as paraquat (Gramoxone) or glyphosate (Roundup) may also be added to the tank mixture. Check individual product labels to determine suitability and use rates for various crops.
SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS
In addition to the following, also observe the GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS listed at the beginning of the label.
- Apply GALIGAN 2E herbicide only to nonbearing citrus trees.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide or any of the combinations recommended on the label should only be applied to healthy growing trees.
- Do not apply during periods of new foliage growth. Applications should be made after foliage has fully expanded and hardened off.
- Direct spray toward the base of trees. Avoid direct spray contact on the citrus foliage.