BROCCOLI, CABBAGE, CAULIFLOWER
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
PRE-TRANSPLANT (PREPLANT) APPLICATION FOR PREEMERGENCE BROADLEAF WEED CONTROL
GALIGAN 2E is a selective herbicide for preemergence control of certain annual broadleaf weeds. Applications must be made after completion of soil preparation but prior to transplanting of broccoli, cabbage, or cauliflower plants. Transplanting should be completed with minimal soil disturbance. Treated soil surfaces should be left undisturbed after transplanting to obtain greatest benefit of GALIGAN 2E herbicide on susceptible annual broadleaf weeds during the time period for which weed control is desired. However, timely cultivations after weed emergence will assist in weed control. Pre-transplant applications of GALIGAN 2E herbicide in broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower may result in a temporary initial crop response (leaf cupping or crinkling). Crop response may be enhanced if crop leaves come in direct contact with treated soil. Crops rapidly outgrow this condition and develop normally. Severe crop response may result from the use of transplants that are under stress due to temperature, disease, fertilizer, nematodes, insects, pesticides, or storage conditions. The use of young (less than 5 weeks old), extremely succulent transplants grown in containers, less than 1-inch square, may increase the severity of crop injury. Hardening off, increasing the age of transplants, or increasing the size of the rooting container will lessen the possibility and/or severity of crop injury.
GALIGAN 2E herbicide is recommended for use at 1 to 2 pints (0.25 to 0.5 lb. active) per broadcast acre. The lower rate (1 pint per acre) is recommended for preemergence weed control on coarse-textured soils with less than 1% organic matter. The 2 pint per acre rate is recommended for preemergence weed control on medium- to fine-textured soils or soils containing greater than 1% organic matter.
GALIGAN 2E herbicide will assist in early season annual grass control. However, GALIGAN 2E herbicide must not be a basic portion of the grass herbicide program. A planned herbicide program for preemergence or postemergence grass control is recommended.
Research has shown that severe crop injury can occur if GALIGAN 2E herbicide is applied to a field that has had an acetanilide herbicide (Dual, Lasso, Ramrod) application during the current growing season; therefore, it is not recommended.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Use conventional ground spray equipment with flat fan nozzles at 20 to 40 psi. Do not exceed 40 psi.
AVOID DRIFT TO ALL OTHER CROPS AND NONTARGET AREAS. DO NOT APPLY WHEN WEATHER CONDITIONS FAVOR DRIFT. GALIGAN 2E HERBICIDE IS PHYTOTOXIC TO PLANT FOLIAGE.
BROCCOLI, CABBAGE, CAULIFLOWER SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS
In addition to the following, also observe GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS listed at the beginning of the label.
- Do not apply GALIGAN 2E herbicide preemergence to direct-seeded broccoli, cabbage, or cauliflower.
- Do not apply GALIGAN 2E herbicide post-transplant or postemergence (over-the-top) to broccoli, cabbage, or cauliflower.
- FOR FIELD USE ONLY. Do not apply GALIGAN 2E herbicide in an enclosed greenhouse structure as injury to plant foliage may result.
Weeds controlled: Applications of GALIGAN 2E herbicide to muck soils may result in partial control or suppression of the weeds listed.