WHEAT, BARLEY, RYE AND OATS
Bumper 41.8 EC is a broad spectrum fungicide for the control of specified diseases in labeled crops. Do not use this product in greenhouses or as a tree injection.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
For best results, sufficient water volume should be used to provide thorough coverage. In most situations, Bumper 41.8 EC is most effective when applied and allowed to dry before a rainfall. Avoid application under conditions when uniform coverage cannot be obtained or when excessive spray drift may occur. Do not apply directly to humans or animals.
AERIAL APPLICATION: For those crops other than tree crops where aerial applications are indicated, apply in a minimum of 2 gals. of water per acre, unless specified otherwise in the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS section of the label. For tree crops, a minimum of 5 to 10 gals. Of water per acre is recommended using the higher volume on large trees unless specified otherwise in the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
section of the label.
GROUND APPLICATION: For tree crops, a minimum of 50 gals. of water per acre is recommended unless specified otherwise in the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS section of the label. For all other crops, apply Bumper 41.8 EC by ground equipment in a minimum of 10 gals. of water per acre unless specified otherwise in the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS section of the label.
BANDED APPLICATION: For banded applications, the treated area is the area covered by the band, not total cropland planted.
Bumper 41.8 EC is effective in controlling pests and minimizing the development of resistance when used in rotation with other fungicides in an IPM program. To reduce selection pressure for resistant pests:
- Bumper 41.8 EC should be used in rotation with classes of fungicides with different modes of action.
- Use Bumper 41.8 EC as part of a pest management program that includes cultural and biological control where possible.
- Bumper 41.8 EC is in the Group 3 class of fungicides. The mode of action for propiconazole, the active ingredient in this product, is as a demethylation inhibitor of sterol biosynthesis (DMI) which disrupts membrane synthesis by blocking demethylation. Resistance can develop when products with the same mode of action are used repeatedly.
- Consult your State or local agricultural pest control advisor(s) for pest control strategies established for your area.
Refer to the label for tank mix information.
WHEAT, BARLEY, RYE AND OATS
The EPA amended label dated 4-22-05 states that in wheat, barley, rye, and oats, Bumper 41.8 EC controls rusts (Puccinia spp.), powdery mildew (Erysiphe spp.), leaf blight and glume blotch (Septoria spp.), tan spot (Pyrenophora tritici-repentis), Helminthosporium leaf blight, spot blotch, barley scald (Rhynchosporium secalis), and net blotch (Pyrenophora teres). Apply 4 fl. oz. of Bumper 41.8 EC per acre by ground or aerial application or through irrigation equipment. Highest yields are normally obtained when Bumper 41.8 EC is applied to the emerging flag leaf. Bumper 41.8 EC can be applied until the ligule of the flag leaf emerges (Feekes growth stage 8) on barley, rye and oats. For wheat only, Bumper 41.8 EC can be applied until full head emergence Feekes growth stage 10.5). Do not apply after the specified growth stage to avoid possible illegal residues. Bumper 41.8 EC may be applied earlier if disease symptoms appear (especially applicable to barley).
Do not graze or feed livestock treated wheat, barley, or rye forage or cut the green crop for hay or silage.
- After harvest, the straw from these crops may be used for bedding or feed.
- Bumper 41.8 EC treated oat forage may be grazed, and oat forage and hay may be fed to livestock.