PEANUTS - SOUTHERN STEM ROT
Bumper 41.8 EC is a broad spectrum fungicide for the control of specified diseases in labeled crops. Do not use this product in greenhouses or as a tree injection.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
For best results, sufficient water volume should be used to provide thorough coverage. In most situations, Bumper 41.8 EC is most effective when applied and allowed to dry before a rainfall. Avoid application under conditions when uniform coverage cannot be obtained or when excessive spray drift may occur. Do not apply directly to humans or animals.
AERIAL APPLICATION: For those crops other than tree crops where aerial applications are indicated, apply in a minimum of 2 gals. of water per acre, unless specified otherwise in the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS section of the label. For tree crops, a minimum of 5 to 10 gals. Of water per acre is recommended using the higher volume on large trees unless specified otherwise in the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
section of the label.
GROUND APPLICATION: For tree crops, a minimum of 50 gals. of water per acre is recommended unless specified otherwise in the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS section of the label. For all other crops, apply Bumper 41.8 EC by ground equipment in a minimum of 10 gals. of water per acre unless specified otherwise in the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS section of the label.
BANDED APPLICATION: For banded applications, the treated area is the area covered by the band, not total cropland planted.
Bumper 41.8 EC is effective in controlling pests and minimizing the development of resistance when used in rotation with other fungicides in an IPM program. To reduce selection pressure for resistant pests:
- Bumper 41.8 EC should be used in rotation with classes of fungicides with different modes of action.
- Use Bumper 41.8 EC as part of a pest management program that includes cultural and biological control where possible.
- Bumper 41.8 EC is in the Group 3 class of fungicides. The mode of action for propiconazole, the active ingredient in this product, is as a demethylation inhibitor of sterol biosynthesis (DMI) which disrupts membrane synthesis by blocking demethylation. Resistance can develop when products with the same mode of action are used repeatedly.
- Consult your State or local agricultural pest control advisor(s) for pest control strategies established for your area.
Refer to the label for tank mix information.
Apply Bumper 41.8 EC at the recommended rate according to one of the following schedules:
A. Apply 4 fl. oz. of Bumper 41.8 EC per acre to the crown and pegging zones of the plant using chemigation or directed ground application. Begin applications 45 days after planting or at the first appearance of disease, and repeat on a 14 day schedule.
B. Apply 8 fl. oz. of Bumper 41.8 EC per acre to the crown and pegging zones of the plant using chemigation or directed ground application. Make 2 applications; the first at pegging (approximately 60 days after planting) or at the first appearance of disease, and the second application 3 to 4 weeks later.
Irrigation: When applying Bumper 41.8 EC in irrigation water for Southern Stem Rot Control, use a minimum of 0.25 to 0.5 inch of irrigation water per acre. Use enough water so that the fungicide penetrates the peanut canopy and reaches the crown of the plant where Sclerotium rolfsii) is most active.
When using Bumper 41.8 EC via irrigation or directed ground application, additional methods should be used for leaf spot control.
- Do not feed hay from treated fields to livestock if the high rate was used.
- Do not apply within 14 days of harvest when using no more than 4 fl. oz. per acre and within 21 days of harvest if using 8 fl. oz. per acre.