SOUTH - PROGRAM 1
This product is a selective herbicide that provides control of crabgrass and other annual grasses and broadleaf weeds in established lawns and ornamental turfs, including golf course fairways, roughs, and tee boxes. This product will not harm nearby established ornamentals when used according to label directions.
Turfgrass Safety - This product may be used on seeded, sodded, or sprigged lawns and ornamental turfs that are well-established. The grass must have developed a good root system and a uniform stand, and have received at least two mowings following its seeding, sodding, or sprigging before it can receive its first application of this product. Use of this product on lawns and ornamental turfs that are not well-established, or on those that have been weakened by weather-, pest-, disease-, chemical-, mechanical-related stress, may increase the chances for turf injury.
This product should only be applied to lawns and ornamental turfs that are composed of the following turfgrass species that have been determined to be tolerant to applications of this product.
NOTE: It is not possible to evaluate all turfgrass varieties for tolerance to Pro-mate Dimension 0.10% Plus Fertilizer. It is suggested that the user evaluate the response of turfgrass varieties to this product, on a limited area, at recommended use rates, prior to initiating large-scale use.
Reseeding, Overseeding or Sprigging
Reseeding, overseeding or sprigging of treated areas should be delayed until 12 weeks from the time of application. Reseeding, overseeding or sprigging before 12 weeks after application may prevent the establishment of desirable turfgrasses.
When reseeding or overseeding, proper cultural practices such as soil cultivation, irrigation and fertilization should be followed.
For best results, use mechanical or power seeding equipment (slit seeders) designed to give good seed to soil contact.
GOLF COURSE PUTTING GREENS
DO NOT apply this product to golf course putting greens.
Other Use Precautions
The early postemergence crabgrass control described below is limited. Postemergence applications are only effective on crabgrass if applied before crabgrass has displayed its fifth leaf or first tiller.
For best results, cultural practices that disturb the soil, such as core-, spike-, or hydro-aerification and verticutting should be done before application of this product. DO NOT apply this product until the grass has recovered from these cultural practices.
- Apply this product directly to established lawns or ornamental turfs only. DO NOT apply to flowers, vegetables, shrubs, or trees.
- DO NOT use clippings from treated turf for mulching around vegetables or fruit trees.
- Do not apply this product to pastures. Keep people and pets off treated areas until dust has settled.
Control of Crabgrass
Pre-emergence and Early Postemergence Control
- This product provides \"preemergence\" control of crabgrass (including the large, smooth and southern species) when applied prior to the emergence of crabgrass from the ground in established lawns and ornamental turfs.
- It can also provide \"early postemergence\" control of crabgrass during the early stages of crabgrass growth after the crabgrass has emerged from the ground; however, it is often difficult to see the very small, early stages of crabgrass in well-established lawns and ornamental turfs. Post-emergence crabgrass control will be obtained only when this product is applied prior to the tillering of crabgrass, which generally corresponds to the time when you can first easily see the crabgrass plants in the lawn or turf. So the practical benefit of this product's additional, early postemergence activity is that (compared to strictly preemergence crabgrass products) it can give the user a 2-4 week longer period of time to make applications and still control crabgrass.
Application Frequency and Timing
- This product may be applied as a single application, as a split application, or as a sequential application for crabgrass control in the spring, summer or fall.
- DO NOT apply more than 11.48 pounds of this product per 1,000 sq ft per application, and no more than 34.44 pounds of this product per 1,000 sq ft per year.
- In the state of New York, this product may only be used by Professional Turf Applicators at no more than 11.48 lb./1000 sq. ft. per year (0.5 lbs. a.i./acre/year); and is prohibited from use in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
For single applications made in the spring or early summer, this product should be applied at the appropriate rate corresponding to one of the three control programs listed in Table 1 below, depending on the user's location, the turfgrass mowing height, and whether the use is considered to be preemergence or early postemergence at the time of the application. The duration of residual weed control provided by this product is directly related to the total rate applied, but will vary somewhat depending on weather, weed pressure, turfgrass competitiveness, and the user's location within a region.
- Use Program #1 for preemergence control at sites where the turfgrass is cut high (e.g., homeowner lawns). This program provides 3-5 months of preemergence crabgrass control. This program should not be used for early postemergence crabgrass control.
Subsequent, sequential pre-and/or postemergence applications should be made where longer periods of control are desired.
Where split fertilizer applications are recommended, the rates in Table 1 may be divided between two applications made 6-10 weeks apart and prior to crabgrass emergence.
This product can also be applied in the late summer or early fall (late August through November) at the \"Program 3\" use rates listed in Table 1 to provide control of crabgrass through the early part of the next spring. The fall application may be followed by an appropriate spring application to provide season-long control.
Tips for Improved Control
For best results, apply this product within a few days after mowing and delay mowing again for a few days after the application. When treated lawn or ornamental turf areas are watered or receive significant rainfall within a few days after application of this product, improved weed control may result. Use of split (half-rate) applications spaced 6-8 weeks apart may provide improved weed control.
In the state of New York, this product may only be used by Professional Turf Applicators at no more than 11.48 lb./1000 sq. ft. per year (0.5 lbs. a.i./acre/year); and is prohibited from use in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.