BUFFALOGRASS, BLUEGRASS AND RYEGRASS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with the labeling. Not for use on plants being grown (1) for sale or other commercial use, (2) for commercial seed production, or (3) for research purposes. For use on plants intended for aesthetic purposes or climatic modification and being grown in parks, golf courses or lawns and grounds. This product is a selective preemergence herbicide that provides residual control of many grass and broadleaf weeds in:
Established turf grasses (excluding golf course putting greens) and lawns.
This product controls susceptible weeds by inhibiting weed seed germination and root development. Most effective weed control will be obtained when this product is activated by at least 0.5 inch of rainfall or irrigation, or with shallow (1-2 inches) incorporation, prior to weed seed germination and within 14 days following application.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE AND PRECAUTIONS ON THE LABEL MAY RESULT IN POOR WEED CONTROL, CROP INJURY, OR ILLEGAL RESIDUES.
Apply uniformly with suitable, calibrated application equipment.
This product is a selective preemergence herbicide that, when properly applied, will control certain grass and broadleaf weeds in established turf grasses and lawns. The maximum amount of this product that may be applied per year is given for each turf grass species in the Maximum Annual Rates section of the label.
Most effective weed control in turf grasses will be obtained when this product is activated by at least 0.5 inch of rainfall or irrigation prior to weed seed germination and within 14 days following application. See the map on the label for approximate crabgrass seed germination dates.
Rates of Application
This product may be applied as a single application or in sequential applications to control weeds germinating throughout the year. All applications must be made prior to germination of the target weeds. This product will not control established weeds.
Maximum-use rate selection should be based on turf species. The length of time of residual weed control provided by this product is related to the rate applied.
Maximum Annual Rates
This product is recommended for use on the turf grass species listed in the table of the label. Do not exceed the maximum yearly rate as given in the table.
The rates on the label are the maximum rates per calendar year by species limitations.
Bermudagrass: May be used on newly-sprigged or plugged
Bermudagrass at rates not to exceed 139 lbs./A. Newly-sprigged or plugged Bermudagrass stolon rooting may be temporarily retarded. Suppression only of Foxtail, Goosegrass, and Rescuegrass due to reduced product rates used in sprigging situations.
Do not apply more than 400 lbs./A of this product per calendar year.
Use higher rates of this product to achieve higher levels of weed control for each turf type, but do not exceed the maximum application rates specified in the Maximum Annual Rates Table.
Sequential applications may be made so long as the total amount of product applied does not exceed the maximum annual application rates recommended for each turf species. All applications must be made prior to germination of the weed seeds.
When used in accordance with the label, this product will provide control of the weeds listed.
Goosegrass: In many areas a single application of 175-400 lbs./A of this product will control goosegrass. However, under heavy goosegrass pressure and/or an extended growing season, most effective weed control may be obtained by making an initial application of 175-267 lbs./A followed after 60-90 days by a second application at doses that would not exceed those given in the
Maximum Annual Rates Table. Do not exceed the maximum rate for turf grass species listed in the Maximum Annual Rates Table on the label.
Shepherd’s Purse: Applications for this weed should be made in late summer, fall, or winter prior to germination.
Rescuegrass: Suppression only.
Use Precautions: The following precautions apply to the use of this product in turf grasses and lawns:
1. Do not graze or feed livestock forage cut from areas treated with this product.
2. Do not use on food producing plants.
3. Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
4. Do not apply aerially.
5. Do not apply to golf course putting greens.
6. Application of this product may thin emerged annual bluegrass and newly-overseeded grasses.
7. Do not apply to overseeded turf within 60 days after seeding or until after the second mowing, whichever is longer. Injury to desirable seedlings is likely if this product is applied before seedling secondary roots are in the second inch of soil, not thatch plus soil.
8. Do not cut (harvest) treated sod before 120 days after application. Do not apply to newly-set sod until the following year.
9. Application of this product to turf stressed by drought, low fertility, or pest damage may result in turf injury.
10. Disturbing the herbicide barrier with cultural practices such as disking may result in reduced weed control.
11. Do not apply this product to putting greens or areas where dichondra, colonial bentgrass, velvet bentgrass, or annual bluegrass (Poa annua) are desirable species.