INDUCING DORMANCY IN YOUNG NON-BEARING CITRUS FOR INDUCING DORMANCY IN YOUNG NON-BEARING CITRUS
APPLICATION NOTES (For All Applications):
1. Always read and follow dosage recommendations carefully and spray fields uniformly.
2. Uneven applications may result in “elephant hide” and/or bud end cracking of the Potato tubers.
3. To obtain the desired results, the plants/crop should not be stressed from either too much or too little water before or after application.
4. Apply only one application per season.
5. Do not apply to Potato plants grown for seed.
6. Rain or overhead irrigation occurring within 24 hours after application may reduce effectiveness. Spray Onions or Potatoes at least 24 hours before rain or overhead irrigation.
7. A minimum of 2 weeks should be allowed between the use of this product on Potatoes and the use of a vine desiccant.
8. This product is non-volatile, but regardless, no drift should be permitted onto nearby crops. Special care should be taken to prevent drift when aerial applications are made.
9. This product should be applied at temperatures below 85°F or at temperatures of 80°F if expected to exceed 85°F later that same day. This product is water-soluble and under high temperatures and low humidity conditions it will crystallize on the leaf surface preventing normal absorption into the plant.
10. Spray adjuvants are not recommended for application of this product on Potatoes. For spray adjuvant use with Onions, see that specific section.
11. Although this product is compatible with most commonly used fungicides and insecticides, separate applications are recommended.
12. Occasionally, injury to the terminal growth of Potato foliage has been observed following application of this product according to label recommendations. Trials and usage have indicated that this injury does not adversely affect the yield or quality of the Potato tubers at harvest.
13. For control of wild Onions and Garlic do not apply to young seedlings less than one season old. Do not pasture livestock in, or cut hay from, treated areas.
14. This product is not corrosive to spray equipment.
15. Rinse spray equipment with water after application. Do not contaminate water by cleaning of equipment or disposal of waste.
FOR INDUCING DORMANCY IN YOUNG NON-BEARING CITRUS TREES IN FL:
This product, by inducing dormancy, offers protection against frost damage down to 21°F in recent experiments. Add 5 pints of this product to 100 gallons of water and spray with coarse cone nozzle between November 1 to 15. Apply at a rate of 60 to 100 gallons of spray solution per acre, depending on the size of the trees. Apply the higher rate to larger trees; the lower rate to smaller trees. The spray should thoroughly wet upper and lower leaf surfaces, branches and trunks of trees. A second treatment may be necessary in 6 to 8 weeks, if unusually warm weather persists during November and December. Periodically check for bud swell which indicates that regrowth is occurring and respray if swelling of buds occurs. Do not spray trees at least 24 hours before rain. Rain occurring within 24 hours after application will reduce effectiveness. Citrus trees sprayed with this product may show a delay of regrowth in Spring for several weeks if the Winter remains cold. The first new growth of foliage may be slightly \"Frenched\" or narrow-leafed, but subsequential growth will be normal.