Insecticide Resistance Management (IRM)
Nufos 15G contains a Group 1B insecticide. Insect/mite biotypes with acquired resistance to Group 1B may eventually dominate the insect/mite population if Group 1B insecticides are used repeatedly in the same field or in successive years as the primary method of control for targeted species. This may result in partial or total loss of control of those species by Nufos 15G or other Group 1B insecticides.
To delay development of insecticide resistance, the following practices are recommended:
- Avoid consecutive use of insecticides with the same mode of action (same insecticide group) on the same insect species.
- Use tank mixtures or premix products containing insecticides with different modes of action (different insecticide groups) provided the products are registered for the intended use.
- Base insecticide use on comprehensive Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs.
- Monitor treated insect populations in the field for loss of effectiveness.
- Contact your local extension specialist, certified crop advisor, and or manufacturer for insecticide resistance management and/or IPM recommendations for the specific site and resistant pest problems.
For further information or to report suspected resistance, you may contact Cheminova, Inc. by calling 1-800-548-6113 or over the internet at www.cheminova.us.com.
Do not apply by aircraft at a rate greater than 1 lb. ai chlorpyrifos per acre.
Apply Nufos 15G as a preplant broadcast treatment by evenly distributing the granules over the soil surface and then incorporating them into the soil to a depth of 4 to 6 inches using a rotary hoe, disc cultivator, or other suitable equipment. Plant the crop in the usual manner no later than 14 days after treatment (any delay in planting will reduce the length of time that Nufos 15G will protect against feeding damage). Nufos 15G will not control false wireworm or whitefringed beetle and other groups that attack sweet potatoes.
Specific Use Restrictions:
- Do not make more than 1 application of Nufos 15G or other product containing chlorpyrifos per season.