Insecticide Resistance Management (IRM)
Nufos 15G contains a Group 1B insecticide. Insect/mite biotypes with acquired resistance to Group 1B may eventually dominate the insect/mite population if Group 1B insecticides are used repeatedly in the same field or in successive years as the primary method of control for targeted species. This may result in partial or total loss of control of those species by Nufos 15G or other Group 1B insecticides.
To delay development of insecticide resistance, the following practices are recommended:
- Avoid consecutive use of insecticides with the same mode of action (same insecticide group) on the same insect species.
- Use tank mixtures or premix products containing insecticides with different modes of action (different insecticide groups) provided the products are registered for the intended use.
- Base insecticide use on comprehensive Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs.
- Monitor treated insect populations in the field for loss of effectiveness.
- Contact your local extension specialist, certified crop advisor, and or manufacturer for insecticide resistance management and/or IPM recommendations for the specific site and resistant pest problems.
For further information or to report suspected resistance, you may contact Cheminova, Inc. by calling 1-800-548-6113 or over the internet at www.cheminova.us.com.
Do not apply by aircraft at a rate greater than 1 lb. ai chlorpyrifos per acre.
Apply as an at-plant T-band. Place the granules in a 7-inch wide band over the row behind the planter shoe in front of the press wheel and incorporate into the top 1 inch of soil using suitable equipment.
Specific Use Restrictions:
- Do not make more than 1 application of Nufos 15G per season or apply more than 3 applications of other product containing chlorpyrifos.
- The maximum single application rate is 1.25 oz ai chlorpyrifos per 1000 feet of row or 1.3 lb ai chlorpyrifos per acre based upon a 30-inch row spacing.
- Do not make a foliar application of Nufos 4E or other product containing chlorpyrifos within 10 days of an at-plant application of Nufos 15G.