TREE NUTS (FOLIAR SPRAYS) - PECAN - FALL WEBWORM AND PECAN NUT CASEBEARER
Broadcast Foliar Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment using nozzles and spray pressures recommended for insecticides. Apply Nufos 4E in a spray volume of not less than 2 gallons per acre for aerial application equipment (fixed wing or helicopter) or not less than 10 gallons per acre for ground equipment, unless otherwise specified. Increase spray volume to ensure adequate coverage with increased density and height of crop canopy. See Spray Drift Precautions section for recommendations on droplet size.
Ground Application: Orient the boom and nozzles so that uniform coverage is obtained. The swath width should not be wider than the boom. Follow nozzle manufacturer’s recommendations for insecticide nozzles with respect to nozzle type, pressure, and spacing.
Broadcast Soil Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment that will apply the product uniformly to the soil surface. Use nozzles that produce medium or coarse droplets (235-400 microns). Unless otherwise indicated, a spray volume of 10 gallons or more per acre is recommended. For band application, use proportionally less spray volume.
Use a minimum spray volume of 2 gallons per acre and follow recommendations for best management practices for aerial application, above.
Marking of swaths by flagging, permanent markers or use of GPS equipment is recommended.
Chemigation (Sprinkler Irrigation)
Nufos 4E may be applied to the following crops through sprinkler irrigation equipment: alfalfa, citrus (orchard floors only), corn (field and sweet), cotton, cranberry, mint, sorghum, soybeans, sugarbeet, orchard floors (almond, pecan and walnut), and wheat, or other crops as specified in Cheminova supplemental labeling. Do not apply this product by chemigation unless specified in crop-specific directions in the label or Cheminova supplemental labeling. Do not apply to labeled crops through any other type of irrigation system.
Note: Unless otherwise indicated in specific use directions, the application rates for chemigation are the same as those recommended for broadcast application.
TREE NUTS (FOLIAR SPRAYS) - Pecan - Aphid and Spittlebugs
Apply Nufos 4E at the dosages indicated by application as a foliar spray to control pests listed in the table. Mix the required dosage in sufficient water to ensure thorough and complete coverage of the foliage and crop and apply as a concentrate or dilute spray using conventional, power-operated spray equipment. For dilute sprays applied to tree nut crops, mix the required dosage in sufficient water to allow for spray to runoff. For concentrate sprays, apply an equivalent amount of Nufos 4E per acre. Treat when pests appear or in accordance with local conditions. Aerial application may result in less effective insect because of reduced coverage. Note: Do not aerially apply in Mississippi. Consult your State Agricultural Experiment Station, certified pest control advisor, or extension service specialist for specific use information in your area.
Specific Use Precautions:
- Nufos 4E is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment and should not be applied when bees are foraging in the treated area.
- To avoid contamination of irrigation tail waters, do not flood irrigate within 24 hours of application of Nufos 4E.
Specific Use Restrictions:
- Do not make more than 3 total applications per season of Nufos 4E or other products containing chlorpyrifos to almonds, pecans and filberts and no more than 2 applications per season on walnuts, for a maximum of 8 pints (4 lb. ai chlorpyrifos) per acre per season. If the 4 pint per acre application rate is used for almonds, pecans, and filberts, then only a maximum of 2 applications may be made.
- Do not make a second application of Nufos 4E or other product containing chlorpyrifos within 10 days of the first application.
- Do not allow meat or dairy animals to graze in treated orchards.