SORGHUM, GRAIN SORGHUM (MILO) - GREENBUG
Broadcast Foliar Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment using nozzles and spray pressures recommended for insecticides. Apply Nufos 4E in a spray volume of not less than 2 gallons per acre for aerial application equipment (fixed wing or helicopter) or not less than 10 gallons per acre for ground equipment, unless otherwise specified. Increase spray volume to ensure adequate coverage with increased density and height of crop canopy. See Spray Drift Precautions section for recommendations on droplet size.
Ground Application: Orient the boom and nozzles so that uniform coverage is obtained. The swath width should not be wider than the boom. Follow nozzle manufacturer’s recommendations for insecticide nozzles with respect to nozzle type, pressure, and spacing.
Broadcast Soil Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment that will apply the product uniformly to the soil surface. Use nozzles that produce medium or coarse droplets (235-400 microns). Unless otherwise indicated, a spray volume of 10 gallons or more per acre is recommended. For band application, use proportionally less spray volume.
Use a minimum spray volume of 2 gallons per acre and follow recommendations for best management practices for aerial application, above.
Marking of swaths by flagging, permanent markers or use of GPS equipment is recommended.
Chemigation (Sprinkler Irrigation)
Nufos 4E may be applied to the following crops through sprinkler irrigation equipment: alfalfa, citrus (orchard floors only), corn (field and sweet), cotton, cranberry, mint, sorghum, soybeans, sugarbeet, orchard floors (almond, pecan and walnut), and wheat, or other crops as specified in Cheminova supplemental labeling. Do not apply this product by chemigation unless specified in crop-specific directions in the label or Cheminova supplemental labeling. Do not apply to labeled crops through any other type of irrigation system.
Note: Unless otherwise indicated in specific use directions, the application rates for chemigation are the same as those recommended for broadcast application.
SORGHUM, GRAIN SORGHUM (MILO) - Greenbug
Apply as a postemergence broadcast spray using sufficient spray volume to ensure thorough coverage of treated plants, but no less than 15 gpa for ground spray equipment or 2 to 5 gpa for aircraft equipment.
Note: Do not aerially apply in Mississippi. Control may be reduced at low spray volumes under high temperature and wind conditions.
Chemigation: Nufos 4E may be applied through sprinkler irrigation systems at listed broadcast application rates to control listed foliar pests. See Chemigation (Sprinkler Irrigation) section for application instructions.
Pest-Specific Use Directions:
Greenbug: Use a higher rate within the indicated rate range when pest populations are high.
Specific Use Precautions:
- To minimize the potential for chemical injury, do not apply Nufos 4E to drought stressed grain sorghum within 3 days following irrigation or rain except where the product is applied in irrigation water.
- Be aware that sorghum lines used in seed production fields may be more susceptible to chemical injury. Susceptible inbred lines or hybrids are likely to be at greater risk of yield reducing chemical injury when treated at the higher rates of application. Do not apply more than 1 pint per acre of Nufos 4E to seed sorghum if the additional risk of crop injury is unacceptable.
Specific Use Restrictions:
- Preharvest Interval: Do not harvest for grain, forage, fodder, hay, or silage within 30 days after application of 1 pint of Nufos 4E per acre or within 60 days after application of rates above 1 pint per acre.
- Do not make more than 3 applications of Nufos 4E or other products containing chlorpyrifos for a total of 1.5 lb. ai chlorpyrifos per use season. If the application rate of 2 pints Nufos 4E (1 lb. ai chlorpyrifos) is used, then only one additional application of no more than 1 pint Nufos 4E (0.5 lb. ai chlorpyriofs) may be made.
- Do not make a second application of Nufos 4E or other product containing chlorpyrifos within 10 days of the first application.
- Maximum single application rate is 1 lb ai chlorpyrifos per acre.
- Do not treat sweet varieties of sorghum.