COLE CROP (BRASSICA) LEAFY VEGETABLES
Broadcast Foliar Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment using nozzles and spray pressures recommended for insecticides. Apply Nufos 4E in a spray volume of not less than 2 gallons per acre for aerial application equipment (fixed wing or helicopter) or not less than 10 gallons per acre for ground equipment, unless otherwise specified. Increase spray volume to ensure adequate coverage with increased density and height of crop canopy. See Spray Drift Precautions section for recommendations on droplet size.
Ground Application: Orient the boom and nozzles so that uniform coverage is obtained. The swath width should not be wider than the boom. Follow nozzle manufacturer’s recommendations for insecticide nozzles with respect to nozzle type, pressure, and spacing.
Broadcast Soil Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment that will apply the product uniformly to the soil surface. Use nozzles that produce medium or coarse droplets (235-400 microns). Unless otherwise indicated, a spray volume of 10 gallons or more per acre is recommended. For band application, use proportionally less spray volume.
Use a minimum spray volume of 2 gallons per acre and follow recommendations for best management practices for aerial application, above.
Marking of swaths by flagging, permanent markers or use of GPS equipment is recommended.
Chemigation (Sprinkler Irrigation)
Nufos 4E may be applied to the following crops through sprinkler irrigation equipment: alfalfa, citrus (orchard floors only), corn (field and sweet), cotton, cranberry, mint, sorghum, soybeans, sugarbeet, orchard floors (almond, pecan and walnut), and wheat, or other crops as specified in Cheminova supplemental labeling. Do not apply this product by chemigation unless specified in crop-specific directions in the label or Cheminova supplemental labeling. Do not apply to labeled crops through any other type of irrigation system.
Note: Unless otherwise indicated in specific use directions, the application rates for chemigation are the same as those recommended for broadcast application.
COLE CROP (BRASSICA) LEAFY VEGETABLES AND RADISH, RUTABAGA, AND TURNIP
Pest-Specific Use Directions:
1. Root maggot:
- Direct seeded crops (cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprout, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, collard, kale, kohlrabi, turnip, rutabaga): Apply the specified dosage in a water-based spray as a 4-inch wide band over the row at planting time. Band placement should be behind the planter shoe and in front of the press wheel to achieve shallow incorporation. Use a minimum of 40 gpa total spray volume.
- Transplanted crops (cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprout, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, collards, kale, kohlrabi, and turnip): Apply Nufos 4E as a water-based spray directed to the base of the plants immediately after setting. Use a minimum of 40 gpa total spray. Do not add any additional adjuvants, surfactants or spreader stickers. Do not appy as a foliage application.
2. Root aphid (broccoli, cabbage): Apply Nufos 4E in water or with liquid fertilizer injected as a sidedress on each side of the row after plants are established. See Mixing Directions section for Mixing Instructions for Liquid Fertilizer. Avoid mechanical damage to crop roots. Use a minimum of 15 gpa of total spray volume.
Specific Use Restrictions:
- Cauliflower: Do not apply more than 2 pints of Nufos 4E to cauliflower planted in 40-inch rows. Use proportional amounts for other row spacings, but do not exceed 4 pints per acre of Nufos 4E. Do not make more than 1 soil application per crop. The maximum application rate for cauliflower is 1.2 oz ai chlorpyrifos per 1000 ft. of row. The preharvest interval (PHI) for cauliflower is 30 days.
- Broccoli, Brussels Sprout, Cabbage, Chinese Cabbage, Collard, Kale, Kohlrabi, and Turnip: Do not apply within 30 days of harvest. Do not make more than 1 soil application per crop. Do not apply more than 2.6 pints of Nufos 4E per acre when planted in 40-inch rows. Do not apply more than 4.5 pints of Nufos 4E per acre to these crops when in 20-inch rows (or 2 rows per bed). Use proportional amounts for other row spacings, but do not exceed 4.5 pints per acrea of Nufos 4E.
- Soil applications (all labelled crops): Do not foliar apply any chlorpyrifos product labelled for foliar application within 10 days of a soil application of Nufos 4E.
- Rutabaga: Do not apply more than 4.5 pints of Nufos 4E per acre. Do not make more than 1 soil application per crop. Do not use rutabaga tops for food or feed purposes. The maximum application rate for rutabaga is 1.6 oz ai chlorpyrifos per 1000 ft. of row. The preharvest interval (PHI) for rutabagas is 7 days.
RESTRICTED ENTRY INTERVAL;
Cauliflower: 3 days
REI: 24 hours for other crops
Rutabaga crop rate and other information is not intended for use in Mississippi.
1.6 fl oz/1000 ft of row - For Rutabaga
1.6-2.75 fl oz/1000 ft of row - Other Crops