CITRUS FRUlTS - CALIFORNIA RED SCALE - RATE: 8-12 PINTS/ACRE
Broadcast Foliar Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment using nozzles and spray pressures recommended for insecticides. Apply Nufos 4E in a spray volume of not less than 2 gallons per acre for aerial application equipment (fixed wing or helicopter) or not less than 10 gallons per acre for ground equipment, unless otherwise specified. Increase spray volume to ensure adequate coverage with increased density and height of crop canopy. See Spray Drift Precautions section for recommendations on droplet size.
Ground Application: Orient the boom and nozzles so that uniform coverage is obtained. The swath width should not be wider than the boom. Follow nozzle manufacturer’s recommendations for insecticide nozzles with respect to nozzle type, pressure, and spacing.
Broadcast Soil Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment that will apply the product uniformly to the soil surface. Use nozzles that produce medium or coarse droplets (235-400 microns). Unless otherwise indicated, a spray volume of 10 gallons or more per acre is recommended. For band application, use proportionally less spray volume.
Use a minimum spray volume of 2 gallons per acre and follow recommendations for best management practices for aerial application, above.
Marking of swaths by flagging, permanent markers or use of GPS equipment is recommended.
Chemigation (Sprinkler Irrigation)
Nufos 4E may be applied to the following crops through sprinkler irrigation equipment: alfalfa, citrus (orchard floors only), corn (field and sweet), cotton, cranberry, mint, sorghum, soybeans, sugarbeet, orchard floors (almond, pecan and walnut), and wheat, or other crops as specified in Cheminova supplemental labeling. Do not apply this product by chemigation unless specified in crop-specific directions in the label or Cheminova supplemental labeling. Do not apply to labeled crops through any other type of irrigation system.
Note: Unless otherwise indicated in specific use directions, the application rates for chemigation are the same as those recommended for broadcast application.
CITRUS FRUlTS - PEST CONTROL - Rate: 2-7 pints/acre
Apply as a concentrate or dilute spray using conventional, power-operated spray equipment. Use a higher rate in rate range when there is increased pest pressure. Use sufficient water to ensure thorough and complete coverage of the foliage and fruit. For dilute sprays (greater than 200 gpa), use a spray 13 concentration of at least 0.5 pints of Nufos 4E per 100 gallons of finished spray. Complete coverage is not necessary for outside canopy sprays targeting certain pests such as lepidoptera insects and katydids. Treat when pests become a problem or in accordance with the local spray schedule as recommended by your State Agricultural Experiment Station, certified Pest Control Advisor, or Extension Service Specialist. To avoid excessive ridging, do not apply Nufos 4E to citrus from December up to the initiation of bloom.
Use of Spray Oils: To improve control of aphids, mealybugs, scale insects, and thrips, a petroleum spray oil approved for use on citrus trees may be added to spray mixtures at up to 1.8 gallons per 100 gallons of spray.
For control of citrus psylla, add citrus oil at 2% v/v in a tank-mix with Nufos 4E.
For Florida only.
Not for Use in Mississippi.
Pest-Specific Use Directions:
For control of citrus rust mites, use a spray concentration of at least 1 pint per 100 gallons.
Specific Use Precautions:
- Observe local recommendations for tank-mix combinations especially with regard to use of Nufos 4E with spray oil. Consult with a county farm advisor, county agency, extension service personnel, agricultural commissioner, or pest control advisor, for local recommendations.
- Do not apply when trees are stressed by drought or high temperatures.
- Nufos 4E is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment and should not be applied when bees are visiting the area. During the citrus bloom period in California, apply from 1 hour after sunset until 2 hours before sunrise.
- Additional Precautions for California and Arizona: Nufos 4E should not be used in combination with spray oil when temperatures are expected to exceed 95°F the day of application of for several consecutive days thereafter.
Specific Use Restrictions:
- Preharvest Interval: Do not treat within 21 days of harvest for applications of up to 7 pints of Nufos 4E per acre or within 35 days for application of rates above 7 pints per acre.
- In California, the use of application rates greater than 8 pints of Nufos 4E (4 lb ai chlorpyrifos) per acre are allowed only in the following counties: Fresno, Tulare, Kern, Kings, and Madera.
- Do not make second foliar application of Nufos 4E or other product containing chlorpyrifos within 30 days of the first application.
- Do not allow meat or dairy animals to graze in treated areas.