BARLEY AND WHEAT (NOT UNDERSEEDED WITH LEGUMES) - POSTEMERGENCE - ANNUAL AND BIENNIAL BROADLEAF WEEDS
Do not apply the prodcut through any type of irrigation system.
Do not use in or near a greenhouse.
Do not contaminate water used for irrigation or domestic purposes.
Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift from treated areas. Refer to the section below on Spray Drift Management for additional directions for applications.
The product contains 2,4-D acid and is effective for controlling hard-to-kill weeds such as field bindweed, Russian knapweed, Canada thistle, leafy spurge, cattails, tules and nutgrass.
Apply the prodcut when daytime temperatures are less than 85 degrees F. Spraying when temperatures are higher may cause rapid foliar burn and decrease the effectiveness of this herbicide. Treatment at higher temperatures also increases the possibility of crop injury. INJURY TO CROPS FROM THIS HERBICIDE MAY OCCUR. IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO ACCEPT SOME DEGREE OF CROP INJURY DO NOT USE THE PRODUCT.
Crop varieties vary in response to 2,4-D and some are easily injured. Apply this herbicide only to varieties known to be tolerant to 2,4-D.If you are uncertain concerning tolerant varieties or local use situations that may affect crop tolerance to 2,4-D consult your seed company or state Agricultural Extension Service for advice.
BARLEY AND WHEAT (NOT UNDERSEEDED WITH LEGUMES)
Annual and biennial weeds:
- Beggarticks, Common broomweed, Croton (Texas or woolly), Knotweed, Mallow(venice or little), Musk thistle, Pigweeds, Russian thistle, Salsify (western or common), Smartweeds (annual species), Vervains, Wild carrot: These species may require repeat applications and/or use of the higher rate recommended on the prodcut label even under ideal conditions for applications.
- Pigweeds (Amaranthus spp.): Control of pigweeds in the High Plains area of Texas and Oklahoma may not be satisfactory with the prodcut.
- Musk thistle: Not registered for control of musk thistle in California.
RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS FOR USE ON BARLEY AND WHEAT
- For aerial application on grain, apply the prodcut in 2 or more gallons of water per acre.
- Use a minimum application volume of 5 gallons per acre by air or 10 gallons per by ground.
- Do not permit dairy animals or meat animals being finished for slaughter to forage treated grain fields within 2 weeks after treatment.
- Do not feed treated straw to livestock if a preharvest treatment or emergency treatment as described is applied.
- Do not mix with oil for crop uses.