TOLERANT TURFGRASS SPECIES (ESTABLISHED) - MODERATELY TOLERANT - SPOT APPLICATION
Used as a postemergence spray, Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF controls many broadleaf and grass weeds in turfgrasses growing in sites including, but not limited to grounds or lawns around residential and commercial establishments, multi-family dwellings, military and other institutions, parks, airports, roadsides, schools, picnic grounds, athletic fields, houses of worship, cemeteries, golf courses, and sod farms (except Arizona).
The State of Arizona jas not approved this product for use on sod farms (an agricultural use). This product may not be used in Arizona for ant other uses considered by the Arizona statutes to be agricultural uses.
The weed foliage and roots absorb Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF and translocate it throughout the weed. Treated weeds wll show signs of leaf and stem curling or twisting, stunting, change color from green to white (chloris), finally to red, and become necrotic before finally dying. Refer to the tables for information of WEEDS CONTROLLED and TOLERANT TURFGRASS SPECIES.
Restrictions and Limitations
- DO NOT apply to golf course collars or greens.
- DO NOT make applications of Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF to turfgrass under stress from drought. Optimum results are obtained if weeds are not under stress from lack of water, excessive water, low fertility, mowing shock, excessive hot or cold temperatures, or injury from other herbicide applications.
- DO NOT apply to fine fescue unless it is part of a seed blend.
- DO NOT apply to Bahiagrass, carpetgrass, St. Augustinegrass, Centipedegrass, dichondra, or lawns or turf where desirable clovers are present.
- DO NOT apply within 4 weeks after seedling emergence of Kentucky bluegrass, creeping bentgrass, fine fescue blends, and perennial ryegrass.
- DO NOT apply to exposed feeder roots of trees or ornamentals. Be particularly careful within the drip line of trees and other ornamental species.
- DO NOT apply into any ornamental bed.
- DO NOT use clippings as mulch or compost around flowers, ornamentals, trees, or in vegetable gardens.
- DO NOT plant eggplant or tobacco within 12 months on fields treated with Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF.
- DO NOT plant tomatoes or carrots within 24 months on fields treated with Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF.
- DO NOT applky when conditions favor drift from tarfget area. Apply when wind speed is less than 10 mph as drift may cause damage or death of nontarget area vegetation.
- Use a lawn-type sprayer with coarse spray to reduce drift from wind.
- Avoid spray mist from contacting vegetables, flowers, ornamentals, shrubs, trees, and other desirable plants, especially plants belonging to the Solanaceae family (tomatoes, eggplant, and bell peppers). DO NOT pour spray solutions near these plants.
- DO NOT use to formulate or reformulate any other pesticide product which is not registed by EPA.
- DO NOT apply by air or thorugh any type of irrigation equipment.
- The state of Arizona has not approved this product for use on sod farms (an agricultural use). This product may not be used in Arizona for any other uses considered by the Arizona statutes to be agricultural uses.
Use broadcast or spot sprays to apply Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF postemergence to activily growing seeds. The use rates and tolerant turfgrasses are listed in the tables. DO NOT apply more than labeled rates. Follow all use restrictions listed in the label under Restrictions and Limitations.
Mowing: DO NOT MOW 2 DAYS BEFORE OR AFTER APPLYING QUALI-PRO QUINCLORAC 75 DF. This practice will maximize weed control and minimizse potential turf injury. Leave clippings from the first three mowings on the treated area.
Irrigation and Rainfall: If soil is dry before a Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF application, irrigation of the turfgrass may improve weed control. For best results, DO NOT water or irrigate for 24 hours after Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF application. Irrigate the treated turfgrass with at least 1/2 inch of water 2 to 7 days after application if no rainfall is received within that period.
Refer in the label for tank mix information.
Spraying Instructions for Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF
Make applications of Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF with properly calibrated ground equipment. Apply in a minimum of 20 gallons of water per acre (or a minimum of 0.5 gallons per 1000 sq. ft.) at pressures between 20 and 40 psi to provide uniform spray distribution.
Make sure the spray tank is continuously agitated during the application. Use nozzle screens which are no finer than 50 mesh (100 mesh is finer than 50 mesh). The use of flat fan, flood or cone nozzles is permitted, and arrange the nozzles to provide a thorough, uniform coverage of turfgrass and weeds. Adjust the boom height, nozzle selection, and pressure to provide uniform coverage and to minimize spray drift.
Check sprayer routinely to determine proper calibration.
Avoid overlaps as these lead to applying higher rates than allowed.
Do not apply if weather conditions favor drift from treated areas.
Spot Applications: Use 0.367 ounces Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF per 1,000 square feet of treated area for postemergence spot applications to susceptible weeds in tolerant turfgrass. Apply in at least 1 gallon spray mix per 1000 sq. ft. to ensure thorough, uniform spray coverage.
Apply Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF to newly germinated 1-2 leaf crabgrass, to 1-tiller crabgrass, and when crabgrass has matured to 5 tillers or greater. In some situations, applications of Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF made to annual grasses 2-4 tiller may not provide complete control. In such cases, apply Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF as a sequential application for grass control. Use the table below for use rates and mixing directions.
Refer to the WEEDS CONTROLLED table for the grasses and broadleaf weeds controlled by Quali- Pro Quinclorac 75 DF and for other weed-specific use directions.
- Apply 0.367 oz. of Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF per 1000 sq. ft. of treated area. Refer to footnotes in the WEEDS CONTROLLED table and directions for application to creeping Bentgrass.
- Apply 1.5 pints of methylated seed oil per acre (0.55 oz. per 1000 sq. ft.) with Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF applications.
- Make 2 to 3 split applications of Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF at 0.123 to 0.245 oz. per 1000 sq. ft. Do not exceed 2 lbs. of Quali-Pro Quinclorac 75 DF per acre per season (equivalent to 1.5 lb. a.i./A). The application(s) should be made at 21-day intervals.
- Include methylated seed oil at 0.55 oz. per 1000 sq. ft. (1.5 pints per acre). To reduce yellowing on creeping bentgrass, add chelated iron or sprayable soluble nitrogen fertilizers (refer to the ADJUVANTS section). DO NOT use on golf course greens and collars. See additional information for creeping bentgrass under the section on SEEDING, OVERSEEDING, AND SPRIGGING.