TREES AND SHRUBS
This product is designed to reduce transplant stress while improving soil hydration and fertility. PHC Tree Saver is a biologically active soil conditioner that is applied to the root zone of trees and shrubs at planting time. Five species of mycorrhizal fungi and six species of beneficial bacteria are packed into this formula to improve plant nutrition and soil fertility. The fungi absorb water and minerals for the roots while the bacteria fix nitrogen, solubilize phosphorus, and biodegrade organic matter making trapped minerals accessible to plants. PHC Tree Saver also contains Myconate, a naturally occurring stimulant of VA mycorrhizal fungi, Terra-Sorb hydrogel that traps water and holds it in the root zone, and humic acids which improve availability of mineral nutrients. Seaweed meal and yucca plant extract are added as organic nutrients to support establishment of microbial populations.
PHC Tree Saver:
- Provides mycorrhizal fungi that can improve absorption of water and minerals from the soil
- Stimulates native and inoculated VAM fungal growth and colonization of roots
- Provides mycorrhizal fungi that can help plants mitigate adverse environmental stresses such as drought, salinity, and extremes of soil PH
Species: PHC Tree Saver is effective for all tree and shrub species except rhododendrons, azaleas, and mountain laurel, which require ericoid mycorrhizal fungi. Use of Tree Saver with these species will not harm them.
Soil pH: The fungi in this product were chosen based on their ability to survive and colonize plant roots in a pH range of 3 to 9.
Fungicides: The use of certain fungicides can have a detrimental effect on your inoculation program. Soil application of any fungicide is not recommended for two weeks after application.
Other pesticides: Herbicides and Insecticides do not normally interfere with mycorrhizal fungal development, but may inhibit the growth of some tree and shrub species if not used properly.
Refer to the chart in the label regarding options and specific application rates for different sizes of trees and shrubs.
TREES AND SHRUBS
Use one 3 ounce packet per caliper inch or per 1 foot of root ball diameter.
1. Mix PHC Tree Saver evenly into the upper 8 inches of the backfill soil next to the root ball.
2. Pack the treated backfill firmly around the root ball.
3. Mulch and water to soil saturation.