TURF - VIRGINIA BUTTONWEED
Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide must be used only in accordance with directions for use on the label. Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. will not be responsible for losses or damage resulting from use of this product in any manner not specifically authorized by Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc.
State Specific Restrictions:
The state of Arizona has not approved this product for use on agricultural sites. Do not use this product on uses considered by the Arizona statutes to be agricultural uses.
Formulation and Mode of Action:
Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide is a suspension concentrate formulation containing 3.17 pounds oxadiazon per gallon. Oxadiazon is a member of the oxadiazole chemical family of herbicides. Members of this herbicide family inhibit protoporphyrinogen oxidase production (PPO inhibitor) in plants and control weeds by killing the young weed seedlings as they come in contact with the herbicide during germination. Seedlings of susceptible weeds emerge from treated soil and then wilt and die. A preemergent application of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide controls many annual grasses and broadleaf weeds in turf, conifer nurseries, and on a variety of woody ornamental shrubs and trees.
Always apply Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide with a clean and properly calibrated sprayer that will apply the spray solution uniformly. Calibrate the sprayer prior to use according to the manufacturer’s directions and check daily to be certain that the equipment is working properly. Thorough and uniform spray coverage is essential for satisfactory weed control. The spray delivery system should provide a uniform spray pattern with a minimum of drift.
Precautions and Restrictions For Use of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide:
1. Weed control may be reduced if the product is mechanically mixed into the soil.
2. Do not contaminate water intended for irrigation and domestic use.
3. Do not allow domestic animals to graze treated areas.
4. Do not apply in greenhouses, as plant injury may result from co-distillation of active ingredient onto leaf surfaces in condensate.
Dormant Turf: For control of key broadleaf and grassy weeds in dormant established Bermudagrass, St. Augustinegrass, and Zoysia turf grown in areas such as fairways, parks, golf courses, and commercial turf, apply Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide at 1.85 to 2.8 fl. oz. per 1000 sq. ft. (80.6 to 122 fl. oz. per acre). Apply in late winter or early spring prior to weed seed germination when the turf is still dormant and at least 2 to 3 weeks prior to greenup. Application closer to greenup may result in injury.
It is important that the herbicide spray solution reach the soil surface; mow or rake the turf area to remove leaves or anything else that might prevent the spray from reaching the soil surface. Measure the area to be treated and uniformly apply the required amount of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide. Irrigate the turf thoroughly if rain is not expected shortly after application.
Hawaii Only: Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide may be applied in Hawaii to newly sprigged Zoysiagrass being grown for sod. Ensure the spray reaches the soil surface as described above and irrigate thoroughly if rain is not expected shortly after application.
California Only: Do not apply Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide to St. Augustinegrass or Zoysia turf in California.
Apply in late winter or early spring prior to weed seed germination and turf greenup. Treatment is effective only against spring germinating Poa annua. A subsequent application can be made 4 months after the first application. Apply in 0.75 – 3.5 gallons of water per 1000 sq. ft. (32.7 – 152.5 gallons of water per acre).
Precautions and Restrictions for Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide Use on Turf:
1. Always apply in 0.75 - 3.5 gallons of water per 1000 sq. ft. (32.7 – 152.5 gallons of water per acre).
2. For best results, water in the product as soon as practical after application.
3. Do not apply into newly seeded areas, as injury may occur. Wait 4 months after treatment before seeding into treated areas.
4. Do not use on putting greens or tees, as injury may occur due to the varying cultural practices used.
5. Do not apply more than 3.7 fl. oz. per 1000 sq. ft. (161.2 fl. oz. per acre) in a single application or make more than 2 applications per year.
6. Do not apply more than 5.55 fl. oz. of product per 1000 sq. ft. per year (1.89 gallons per acre per year or the equivalent to 6 lbs. a.i. per acre per year) except in areas where there is a heavy weed infestation. In such areas, the maximum allowed per year is 7.4 fl. oz. of product per 1000 sq. ft. (2.52 gallons per acre per year or the equivalent of 8 lbs. a.i. per acre per year).