- Two-year registration.
- Only certified applicators can apply dicamba for over-the-top crop applications.
- Over-the-top applications of dicamba are prohibited on soybeans 45 days after planting and 60 days after planting cotton.
- For cotton, the number of over-the-top applications is reduced from four to two (soybeans remain at two over-the-top applications).
- Applications permitted between one hour after sunrise to two hours before sunset.
- In counties where endangered species might exist, the downwind buffer remains at 110' but a new 57' buffer is required around the other sides of the field (the 110' downwind buffer applies to all applications).
- Clarification on training period for 2019 and beyond for consistency across products.
- Enhanced tank clean-out instructions for the entire system.
- Enhanced label to improve applicator awareness on the impact of low pH on the potential volatility of dicamba.
- Cleaner and more consistent label language to improve compliance and enforceability.
EPA Renews Dicamba Registration
March 29, 2019 by Sonja Begemann